new to forum

Hello all,
I am new to this forum as I just purchased a 2010 maroon FZ1 (all stock) with 3112 miles.
The bike will be picked up next week and I will post pictures in due time after getting the bike.
I previously had a Ducati Monster 620i.e. Dark (2008-2011) and a 6th gen. Honda VFR800A (2011-2016).
Please feel free to message me as I would like to learn more about the FZ1 from owners regarding anything.
What are some good yet tasteful modifications?

Thanks,
superpsu

Welcome to the forum! Nice line up of bikes you've owned. I'm sure you'll love the FZ1; be sure to scour through older threads to find loads of info on ownership and modifications.

Welcome.

I don't know your weight but one of the first things I did was chuck the rear shock for a 2008 R1 shock and Satan's v.4 adapter as I'm just under 200 pounds. Switched out the tires for decent rubber (Michelin PR4s), put on a louder horn, brighter headlights, a SpeedoRD, Motodynamic integrated tail light and GIVI V35 cases and racks also a Zero Gravity touring screen.

Engine wise I'm leaving mine stock as it's a 2012 and doesn't exhibit any of the problems owners of earlier versions had and it has more power than I'll ever utilize on the street. I also like the solid flat black exhaust can and it's so quiet that I get compliments from people saying how nice it sounds. I've had it for three years and about 16,000 miles and it's still the best bike I had for general use.

Last edited:
Welcome.

I don't know your weight but one of the first things I did was chuck the rear shock for a 2008 R1 shock and Satan's v.4 adapter as I'm just under 200 pounds. Switched out the tires for decent rubber (Michelin PR4s), put on a louder horn, brighter headlights, a SpeedoRD, Motodynamic integrated tail light and GIVI V35 cases and racks also a Zero Gravity touring screen.

Engine wise I'm leaving mine stock as it's a 2012 and doesn't exhibit any of the problems owners of earlier versions had and it has more power than I'll ever utilize on the street. I also like the solid flat black exhaust can and it's so quiet that I get compliments from people saying how nice it sounds. I've had it for three years and about 16,000 miles and it's still the best bike I had for general use.

Hey there! As for my weight, I am 140 lbs if drenched. I do like my bikes to be on the stiff side. I'm going to check the tires again and probably will ride with the ones on until I need a new set if they feel good. I do want to put brighter headlights in, have a taller wind screen and possibly a slip on exhaust. I like that you ride your bike a lot and I presume you have had little or no issues.

Hey there! As for my weight, I am 140 lbs if drenched. I do like my bikes to be on the stiff side. I'm going to check the tires again and probably will ride with the ones on until I need a new set if they feel good. I do want to put brighter headlights in, have a taller wind screen and possibly a slip on exhaust. I like that you ride your bike a lot and I presume you have had little or no issues.

The bike is perfect for what I use it for. I commute and travel on it. For me it is comfortable for all day in the saddle and I don't mind the fuel stops at 140 miles as it gives my old bladder a chance for relief. Check this site for lights, Dustin posted an English firm that sell the Philips bulbs at a very reasonable price.

Back