New Suspension sub-forum!!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
With a new-found interest in suspension, I thought we should dedicate an area just for these types of discussions.

I will be moving some of the threads that I find over here to get them categorized in this new area.

Since suspension is practically a science all by itself and as Aaron stated, just one individual's notes can be made into a book, well, I think this topic deserves its own spot.

Great idea. I've been thinking about toying with my front suspension settings. It doesn't seem too bad now, but I really don't know. I have nothing to compare it to. I didn't get an owners manual, so I'm not even sure what changes what. :eek:

:chat:

I've done about all I can with my weight and the existing rear shock (maxed out the preload), but I may want to up the rebound a notch. I know I just need it replace with one sprung to my weight. That's about $1000 down the road, so it may be a while. :shame:

Here's a book I bought to learn about suspension:
Sportbike-Suspension-Tuning_220_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sportbike-Suspension-Tuning-Andrew-Trevitt/dp/1893618455/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332571922&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Sportbike Suspension Tuning (9781893618459): Andrew Trevitt: Books[/ame]

It's $16.47 on amazon. Great book, it tells you everything about how your suspension works. Well worth the price tag.

Check out the stuff I quoted in the Gen II Fork oil thread from both Duken4evr and Lee@Traxxion. Interesting points.

I'm going to try Duken's fork oil mod when I do my Racetech Springs. ;)

Back