Having a problem with the site. Whenever I visit, the "you last visited" tells me I just recently was on the site, even if it has been days. For example, this is my first visit to the site today at 6:42am. The "you last visited" states i was here "today at 6:02 AM". Last time I visited was yesterday at the earliest, probably more like 2 or 3 days ago.

This happens on my laptop and my pc as well as my phone. I use tapatalk on the phone. Chrome browser on laptop and pc. Been going on for months.
I tried clearing cookies, no difference.

It usually shows 4 or 5 new posts when i know you guys post more than that. "today's posts" showed 25 or so posts, but none were bolded indicating unread.

Probably something simple as i'm not exactly computer literate.

TIA

Having a problem with the site. Whenever I visit, the "you last visited" tells me I just recently was on the site, even if it has been days. For example, this is my first visit to the site today at 6:42am. The "you last visited" states i was here "today at 6:02 AM". Last time I visited was yesterday at the earliest, probably more like 2 or 3 days ago.

This happens on my laptop and my pc as well as my phone. I use tapatalk on the phone. Chrome browser on laptop and pc. Been going on for months.
I tried clearing cookies, no difference.

It usually shows 4 or 5 new posts when i know you guys post more than that. "today's posts" showed 25 or so posts, but none were bolded indicating unread.

Probably something simple as i'm not exactly computer literate.

TIA

Not sure why, but I promise to take a look right after work. We're a man short here and I probably won't get on until then. Sit tight. :sport12:

So you close your browsing sessions on your PC and laptop after you're done on the forum?

My "You last visited" works fine, but the difference is that I am not using Tapatalk. I wonder if it's the Tapatalk app on your phone automatically establishing a connection to the site every few minutes.

^ I agree.
I use tapatalk as well & don't have any issues, but any topics I have subscribed to I don't have notifications enabled. Your phone could be checking for new posts every few hours.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm, maybe it did start about the time i added it to tapatalk. I'll log out and see what happens. It doesn't seem to affect the other two forums I check w/tapatalk, but maybe I have something different in the settings for this forum.

So you close your browsing sessions on your PC and laptop after you're done on the forum?

My "You last visited" works fine, but the difference is that I am not using Tapatalk. I wonder if it's the Tapatalk app on your phone automatically establishing a connection to the site every few minutes.

I close my browser window(chrome) when i finish on the computer. Is that what is meant by closing browsing session?(serious question. I'm mostly self taught, so I don't always know the proper nomenclature for computer actions)

I close my browser window(chrome) when i finish on the computer. Is that what is meant by closing browsing session?(serious question. I'm mostly self taught, so I don't always know the proper nomenclature for computer actions)

Yes, that's what I meant...

Back