New owner of a 2007 FZ1

Cgood79

Hey everyone.

I thought I'd introduce myself to the community.

I've been riding off and on for the past 15 years, starting on a Gixxer 750 and then a CBR1000RR. After beating the crap out of my arms, back and wrists on the terrible roads here in Canada for years, I decided I need something more comfortable for the street, but still has the sport bike feel and power that I'm used to, and to get a dedicated track bike so I don't worry about trashing my only ride.

So I sold my 2014 CBR and I was pretty sure I was going to end up with a Z1000 or an MT09, when a friend asked me about what I thought about this FZ1 (with the N conversion) he'd found online. He asked me to look at it with him, and after I'd rode it I told him if he didn't buy it, I would (But he bought it).

Fast forward a few weeks and I found a gently used 2007 FZ1 that was almost totally stock, aside from an Akrapovic pipe. The guy had used it as a touring bike, so it came with luggage (bonus!), but I plan on making it more of city bike when I convert it to the N style headlight.

Right now I have on order a fender eliminator kit, short levers, TST Ind. Mech GTR signals and a clear tail light with integrated signals. I'll likely be getting an eBay light housing and doing an HID projector retrofit when I go naked.

I'm also on the R6 forums under the same name.

Back