new guy from Indiana

Hello all,
I've been lurking for about a year now and I just purchased a 2007 with 3400 miles. Absolutely stock, not a blemish on her! (I don't how people or why people own bikes and never ride them, but thank you!)

My previous rides were a CBR600F2 and a 919. Its been five years or so since I rode.

I've done about 150 miles on the FZ1 and am still getting back in the groove. Nice site, it has helped a ton. Very informative.

old:
View attachment 11331

new:
View attachment 11332

Dustin,
the 919 was a terrific bike. I wish Honda would have continued with the plain jain styling on the big naked. Instead they do the CB1000R and make it look like a space ship. No thanks....

DirtyD,
I'm in the same neck of the woods.......Huntington. Not enough curvy roads around here.......I keep riding the same three decent roads over and over and over........

I always thought the 919 was one of the coolest looking bikes going. I was actually tossed up between looking for a used one or doing the FZ1-N thing, but when I put the stat sheets beside each other... well, you've been on an FZ1 now, so you know what I'm talking about. Welcome to the forum! I have found it to be a great source of info and entertainment as well.

I'm northern Indiana..Elkhart to be exact...where abouts are you?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've seen ya on here, but I didn't know that you live in Elkhart.

I moved from there about 5 years ago. Lived on the north side, right about the CR 4 & CR 11 intersection.

Bought LOTS of bikes from Byron at North End Cycle.

Yea..north end cycle...I'm really good friends with Bronson the parts guy...matches then beats everything I find on the interwebs...good guys over there....I am off of old us 20/ mishswaka road if you remember that...on the south west side by concord

Dustin,
the 919 was a terrific bike. I wish Honda would have continued with the plain jain styling on the big naked. Instead they do the CB1000R and make it look like a space ship. No thanks....

DirtyD,
I'm in the same neck of the woods.......Huntington. Not enough curvy roads around here.......I keep riding the same three decent roads over and over and over........

Ok your by ft Wayne...we should get together for a ride sometime

Back