New Gear! Rev'It

wOOt! First off I sold my 1125R today. A dude from San Fran is flying out on Saturday and then ridding home! HooooLeeeee CRAP! I've done Denver to LA, but Austin to SF??? I think that is about 1,700 to 1,800 miles. Bonding time I suppose...Anyhow I pick him up Saturday, to the dealer for a leak down test, then he goes west.

So now that I am Buell-less I need new gear. I've had my Buell Adventure jacket and pants for about two and a half years. Very good gear but I want pure summer gear. So I dropped by the BMW dealership to check out Vanson perf. Long story short I end up buying Rev'It jacket, pants, and next month a pair of Held gloves.

I bought the the Rev'It Air jacket, and the Rev'It Rotor Pants. When I first saw them I thought they would be out of my price range. I was blown away that they are priced better then the popular brands. They are also cut trim. Usually I swim in the Joe Rocket, Alpinestar, Frank Thomas stuff. These are Dutch and have a very clean cut and look to them. Lots of mesh but not that big chunky stuff, this mesh is very fine. The fabrics are very refined and a super high quality. The other thing that is very surprising is that the armor is made by Knox, and is branded Knox. This is the high-end hard shell stuff, not cheap foam. You can also get a Knox back protector to fit in place of the foam for only $29.95 extra. This weekend I'll get some miles in and see how they do in 95 degree heat.

I'm not sure if this is introductory pricing but these are an outstanding value.

Check them out: REV'IT Motorcycle Jackets, Gloves, Boots & Gear - RevZilla Motorsports

View attachment 3222

View attachment 3223

Last edited:
Hey Pete thanks for posting that up. I am in the market for some warm weather mesh gear and might consider these after I hear your feedback on them. I was looking at the Tourmaster gear this past week while I was at Americade. The prices seem comparable, but the Rev'It might be a better fit for my body shape.

If you're tall and lean these are the way to go. I usually have to buy large to get the length in the arms, but then the middle is baggy. These fit perfect in a medium I was really surprised. For the pants I bought a large, tall. I couldn't get the medium over my hips. I'm 6' 175 lbs and with a 33 waist, 39/40 jacket.

If you're tall and lean these are the way to go. I usually have to buy large to get the length in the arms, but then the middle is baggy. These fit perfect in a medium I was really surprised. For the pants I bought a large, tall. I couldn't get the medium over my hips. I'm 6' 175 lbs and with a 33 waist, 39/40 jacket.

Yea, I guess I would consider myself tall and lean at 6'2" and 195 lbs with a 34" waist and a 43" chest. Sounds like I would need a large jacket and large, tall pants.

What I have

I bought the RevIt Cayenne Pro jacket and the Sand pants for useing off road with the KLR. They are great so far and came with both the quilted liners and the Rain liners.

playtimeinKananaskis.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

I agree with Pete on the quality and value of these things. The venting is outstanding. With the liners in they are great against rain and cold as well. Truly a 3 season outfit up here and probably a 4 season down Pete's way.

I wore the Rev'It Air jacket, and Rotor pants today and loved it. Very comfortable, very good air flow. Highly recommended.

I did find that these can be bought through Jake Willson so you can use the $20.00 discount code. Buy each item seperately and save even more. :flash:

For the winter I pant to buy the Sand pants and the possibly the Sand or Sirocco jacket.

Last edited:
Back