New BT-T30 tyres

Sure the S20 is the sport tyre for track days, however if you want street/tour/sport in one then so far spot on. I have a picture after 220 miles but cant seem to up load them?

go for S20 .. they replaced BT016 about 2 years ago...

Have done 220 miles so far scrubbing them in. Two trips one to Wrexham via A49 and one to Matlock via snake pass. So far very comfortable when cruising, notably soft over bumps and felt very confident leaning over. You can see that if I did a track day then they will hold up well, as the further you go over the more grip you get. Quite unique for a sport touring tyre that is also good in the wet.

Last edited:
Sure the S20 is the sport tyre for track days, however if you want street/tour/sport in one then so far spot on. I have a picture after 220 miles but cant seem to up load them?

I was responding to YZFrider's post about the bt016

I thought about going back to ST-tires , I just can't do it.. the price/km difference between st and sport tires is just not convincing enough .
I had BT023 before and they are good tires, T30 must be a even better but still... sometimes there's a fine line between a crash and a save .

yes the two lines were where the chicken strip ends for now, once fully scrubbed you can go further. The design on this tyre allows more dry grip when needed. Very clever indeed.

I was responding to YZFrider's post about the bt016

I thought about going back to ST-tires , I just can't do it.. the price/km difference between st and sport tires is just not convincing enough .
I had BT023 before and they are good tires, T30 must be a even better but still... sometimes there's a fine line between a crash and a save .

Could not agree more, you need mileage for the price.

yes the two lines were where the chicken strip ends for now, once fully scrubbed you can go further. The design on this tyre allows more dry grip when needed. Very clever indeed.

Ehm you can lean over after just a short amount of time, just do not accelerate to much and use narrow but slower curves. I usually use full lean after 50 miles on usual roads. The first time you use a new part of the tire is always a bit risky does not matter how often you have ridden it. Just use slow curves and lean it.

Back