New bloke

Lupin

Greetings from Victoria Australia.

Just picked up a 2009 FZ1N.

Has a few bits on it already, Vance and Hines slip on, Renthal bars (not sure I like them though), Short levers, and bar end mirrors.

Needs a couple of tires, service and a good clean as its been in storage for a little bit.

Never owned a yammi so should be interesting.

Obligatory pic.

Photo%207-02-2015%2012%2041%2055%20pm.jpg

In urgent need of a tail tidy.

Nice bike mate and welcome to the forum.
They are great bikes, it's my first Yamaha too and I've never looked back.
I've had it since new in 2010 and it's been flawless ever since.

Sent from my Nexus 5

G'day Lupin. Good colour choice.

Re Fender Eliminators, a few of us have the one from Rated R Parts in Perth:
Yamaha 2006 11 FZ1 Fender Eliminator Undertail Tail Tidy FZ FZ1N 2011 2010 2009 | eBay
View attachment 21942

I don't know what sort of riding you do but Michelin Pilot Road 4 work really well on these bikes.

Yes I think white is the correct color. I couldn't stand owning a black bike when all my cars are white. :cool:

Thats the very eliminator I've been looking at. Might be time to just buy it I think.

Hi & welcome aboard , nice looking bike , particularly like the can ! . I replaced my tail tidy for the original to keep the muck down to a minimum .

Just have to decide what path to take with that. Thinking of doing the sub throttle and airbox, then working out if I buy a reflash kit or send the ECU off.

If you send it to Ivan in the states, you don't need to touch the sub throttle plates. Unsure about the local guys who can flash the ECU. Ballmead has Ivan's flash and can fill you in on shipping costs and time without the bike. ;) You'll LOVE the difference!

2 weeks with no ECU, but you will need a PCV, once you get the ECU back, get the bike dynotuned locally, Ivan's map doesn't suite Aussie conditions (fuel & climate). I wouldn't bother with the airbox mod, the few I know who did it, went back to stock. Don't bother with the plates either, as said, Ivan's ECU Flash takes care of that.

2 weeks with no ECU, but you will need a PCV, once you get the ECU back, get the bike dynotuned locally, Ivan's map doesn't suite Aussie conditions (fuel & climate). I wouldn't bother with the airbox mod, the few I know who did it, went back to stock. Don't bother with the plates either, as said, Ivan's ECU Flash takes care of that.
+1 What Dicko said on all points.

Sent from my Nexus 5

After reading about not bothering about the air box mod, I'll go back to stock. All I found that changed was the induction noise in which I found to be a pain in the ass.

So guess I won't bother with the plates or the airbox by the sounds of it.

If I end up having to get a PC is there much point in getting a flash done? I haven't experienced and throttle problems as yet.

A flash will open the flies earlier, remove the restrictions on the lower gears and change the temp the cooling fans kick in. A PCV can't do that. You can remove the flies and tune it to that which a lot of people do do. but you still have the restrictions in the lower gears. I had my bike tuned before I got the ECU flashed and to tell the truth, I didn't notice a huge difference for the most part. A good tune is probably enough for most people, but you do notice it more in the lower gears from a standing start or pulling out of a slow hairpin.

My order preference for mods would be

Suspension
PCV with a tune
lighter wheels
ECU flash
brakes

I have done them all & more.

Now it makes more sense. Forgot about the lower gears.

Guess I will ride it for a while and see how I feel about it. Might be a winter project to get all that done.

Back