New Battery Problem

Kang

Battery dies on the bike after Christmas break (2 weeks in the garden)

I charged it up and drove in to work only for it to be drained when i get in. Luckily I got a lend of a charger in work and same again dead when i get home (13 Miles).
So get a new battery and hook it up no problem on the start, i connect my extremely cheep battery/Reg Rec tester. Lights all the way for the battery at idle, nothing from the reg/rec so give it a few revs and the reg/rec lights come on hold the revs and they stay there. drop of the revs and the battery lights only stay on.

Is this normal behavior for the reg/rec operation? had the bike in gear on the center stand rear spinning up to achieve the lights coming on for the reg/rec.

Battery problem

Hello, I have a question, I have a 09fz1and my battery runs dead in like half an hour, dynamo has been changed and I also have a master key installed between the + cable. Chchanged battery twice, but problem still remains, I can run for hours, but when I shut it down, 30 min later battery dead..... Any ideas?

Hello, I have a question, I have a 09fz1and my battery runs dead in like half an hour, dynamo has been changed and I also have a master key installed between the + cable. Chchanged battery twice, but problem still remains, I can run for hours, but when I shut it down, 30 min later battery dead..... Any ideas?

you need to do diagnostic testing. if you have a new battery dead, take it back where you bought it to swap it out under warranty. sounds like you aren't getting a charge. but again, all this can be tested with the right tools and you need to do so to determine where the issue is.

Back