Need torque for front sprocket nut.

Xlerat

Looking for the torque on the front sprocket nut for the 01. Going with the 15T instead of the 16T, the bike really stalls off the line and takes a lot of clutch, no good...

Looking for the torque on the front sprocket nut for the 01. Going with the 15T instead of the 16T, the bike really stalls off the line and takes a lot of clutch, no good...

Torque is 61 foot pounds for the drive sprocket. Use a new lock washer. I think that you have carb issues. I rejetted mine and I run a 17 tooth front with no need to slip the clutch. I had these isues before I rejetted a couple years ago.

it just seems like the motor is a little weak from a stand still, esp. below 3000rpm, i just want a little more pop down low were it will matter. The bike only has 9000 miles on it, i don't believe it has carb issuse and besides it would be running like crap if it did.

it just seems like the motor is a little weak from a stand still, esp. below 3000rpm, i just want a little more pop down low were it will matter. The bike only has 9000 miles on it, i don't believe it has carb issuse and besides it would be running like crap if it did.

Have you removed your EXUP valve from your exhaust? If not it may require adjusting (mine was sluggish down low prior to adjusting the EXUP.). She pulls strong now from as low as 2,000. (I do have an Ivan’s jet kit) I swapped rides with another rider on the same year FZ1 and stalled his bike trying to pull out of the parking lot. It was completely dead below 4,000. I don't know if this is attributed to the factory jetting or If he also has a poorly adjusted EXUP valve.

Last edited:

Hi, thanks for that info however want to make sure if it also applies to 2nd gen FZ1 - the pics on that site you mention seem to indicate a previous model to mine and this makes me nervous that numbers might change.

Also any idea where to get the torque values for rear sprocket nuts?

Actually, to take it one step further :jaw drop: anyone know where to find all major tightning values for a 2007 FZ1 N?
Thanks in advance

Hi, thanks for that info however want to make sure if it also applies to 2nd gen FZ1 - the pics on that site you mention seem to indicate a previous model to mine and this makes me nervous that numbers might change.

Also any idea where to get the torque values for rear sprocket nuts?

Actually, to take it one step further :jaw drop: anyone know where to find all major tightning values for a 2007 FZ1 N?
Thanks in advance

Here you go. Straight from the Yamaha FZ1 Maintenance Manual:

Drive sprocket nut M22 - 85 Nm (8.5 m·kg, 61 ft·lb)

Rear wheel sprocket nut M10 - 100 Nm (10.0 m·kg, 72 ft·lb)

Rear wheel axle nut M24 - 150 Nm (15.0 m·kg, 108 ft·lb)

Although to be honest I kind of remember a discussion about the rear wheel sprocket torque being too high as stated in the manual.You may want to only go about 70-80 Nm or so initially.

Here you go. Straight from the Yamaha FZ1 Maintenance Manual:

Rear wheel sprocket nut M10 - 100 Nm (10.0 m·kg, 72 ft·lb)

Although to be honest I kind of remember a discussion about the rear wheel sprocket torque being too high as stated in the manual.You may want to only go about 70-80 Nm or so initially.

I've seen a few people mention shearing them off @ 72 ft-lb and recommend 35-40 ft-lb instead. If memory serves Honda usually recommends about 38 ft-lb :)

Hi all and many thanks for the replies.
I also managed to find the FZ1 service manual in PDF:

http://ebookbrowse.com/yamaha-fz1n-fz1s-workshop-service-repair-manual-download-pdf-d413421568

on that site, right click the orange "download file" .... THEN ...save target as....

for the Italian version guide:
http://ebookbrowse.com/yamaha-fz1-service-manual-06-ita-pdf-d487290952

My original FZ1 manual that came with the bike has very little tech info and hardly any torques tables.....the one above is the real thing!!!
Best regards to u all and have a nice ride this weekend....Valentino surely enjoyed his ride today!!
Ciao

Last edited:
Remember that any torque setting is dependant on the bolt size/material. If you wrench much, youll start to see a pattern.

Dont over think these things.

Back