Need help finding the right chain and sprockets.

Hey everyone,
So i have a 2002 FZ1 with 10k. Mi. Im looking to mod the chain and sprockets, i know i want more acceleration.. And even make it a little easier to roll it up. I dont want the rpms to be too high. I dont take the silver bullet on too long of rides but you never know. I was told to take away a tooth in the front, and add 2 in the back. Any suggestions? Also, i see acceleration kits with only one take away in the front, and one add in the back.. Where and what should i get?
Thanks

47t rear sprocket

I don't want to open a new thread so here is my question:
I want to try a 47t rear sprocket and see if i like it but i don't know if the stock chain is long enough.
Has anyone tried the combo 17t front-stock chain-47t rear?

-1 front/ +1 rear should be plenty, that's what most of the people here like, and that's what I run. Also it can still be used with a stock chain.

Sprocket help...

Newbie question...
I just purchased a 2013 FZ1 with 550 miles. I noticed the speedo was reading 5-10 mph over on the highway, and upon closer inspection discovered my rear sprocket says "Sunstar 45T". I'm assuming this is an aftermarket sprocket?
Please let me know what you guys think I have, and what else I should be looking for to determine my setup. I know very little about this kind of stuff and need an education!

THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Newbie question...
I just purchased a 2013 FZ1 with 550 miles. I noticed the speedo was reading 5-10 mph over on the highway, and upon closer inspection discovered my rear sprocket says "Sunstar 45T". I'm assuming this is an aftermarket sprocket?
Please let me know what you guys think I have, and what else I should be looking for to determine my setup. I know very little about this kind of stuff and need an education!

THANKS IN ADVANCE...
My 2012 was 9% high. I fixed it by installing a SpeedoDRD and now my speedometer is 100% accurate (according to GPS) and my odometer reads 5% low.

Back