My take on Pirelli Angel ST's

fazer1sniper

With the word of riders on several forums, I got a set of Pirelli Angel ST's on my '04 FZ1.
My FZ has allways been rough on tires. In past seasons I have had DumpLaps (hated them) BattLax (decent wear but poor grip) Lasst yeat Metzler M3's ( loved them, but not the 3K i got out of them.
I was able to put my first 100 miles on the angels Saturday. With every intention of taking it "easy" on brand new rubber... That lasted till I got to the "fun" roads.
IMAG0007.jpg

I did most of the miles on two state routes here in east Ohio. Rt 170 (south and north and south again, and Rt 7 south and north.
003fz.jpg

Pirelli's replacent for the Diablo Strada has me all smiles so far. Great grip on the launch and stop. No skid in hard downshifting. No worries in the corners. Pirelli claims 7500 mile life. Some riders claimimg even more. My FZ is far from a geat "knee-dragging" bike, but I find myself getting more confident all the time. If the long term is as good as my first impressions of this rubber I plan on alot more time in the corners.
IMAG0008.jpg

I'm on it. Highway rides starting tomorrow evening to and from work. Hope the MRS is ready to ride next weekend. Wanna go carve up some more back roads.

Great tire, great handling, good in any condition. I ran my first ones in summer and they were super slick but the second one hasn't been slick at all. I think it was that set of tires. I wouldn't hesitate buy them again the next time they go on sale.

This is my 2nd bike with Angels. You can push them enough to drag parts and knees.

Had them in horrible rain storms and didnt slip once. They warm up fast.
166381_1636613788495_1031220086_31395854_1630942_n.jpg

Me a couple years ago on my sv with st's

I would love to hear some more comments. Now that I have the ZX6 for trackdays I think I will run a longer lasting tire on the FZ.

Well I am going to be replacing tires on my FZ1 soon as well. I have thought of these Pirelli's as well, but then changed my mind and was all set to pull the trigger on Michelin PR 3's.

Now after reading some more it seems that the new Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II might be the way to go. Not quite as good as the Michelin's in the rain, but better in the dry...

Thanks for the experiences with the Pirelli Angels. Sounds like I should have some fun with those tires! Can't wait to get my bike some new shoes... Fun how they feel (once broken in ;) ) with new tires.

You guys are making me think about the RoadSmart 2! Gonna wait to see how they perform and review. Goin with Angels this time around.

I'm lovin this site!

I "had" been very pleased with the overall performance of my Roadsmarts but I'm now at 10K miles on the tires and the front is badly worn while the rear still has life in it.

I'm wondering if it is a good decision to put a Shinko Raven on the front until the rear Roadsmart is finally done.

I have a spare set of Angel ST EMS waiting in the spare room but don't want to mount them until the Dunlops are done and gone.

The aggressive contour of the Angels will have more rubber on the road in a turn than straight up and down. The Roadsmarts are a more uniform-at-all-angles tread.

Fitted the Angel ST's after a set of OEM 221D's, I cant believe what a difference they made to the bike. My mates ride Hayabusa's and Blackbird's. While I'm not claiming to kicking their asses, at least I am now able to keep up... Love Pirelli tyres.. This love affair goes back to the first set of Pirelli's I had on an RZ500 back in 1984. Miss Yamaha two Strokes, would buy one tomorrow if they bought out a new one.. The 80's in Oz! we had them all RZ250/350's, RG250's,.MVx250F RGV250's TZR250's KR250's RZ500, RG500's and NS400R's.

Back