My other hobby

DirtyD

I have gotten obsessed with a new hobby thats been taking up all my money the past year....I love craft and microbrewed beer so I decided I'm gonna brew it myself..

I'm doing extract right now in 5 gallon batches but am gathering all the parts and equipment for all grain single tier brewstand at 10 gallon batches..

Here is a couple pics of a kegerator I built with a 15.5 chest freezer!

Is there a tv mounted on your kegerator, that picture is so small it is hard to see.

I have a ton of friends who home brew, I have yet to jump into the sport, however I am a major fan of craft and home brew.

Always wanted to! Do you ship to NH? ;)

I want to try this come next winter... small batches to test until I make a brew I really like. Beats 9.00 a 6pack for Sams!

It is an edge lit acrylic sign...its sandblasted logo with blue led's in a metal track...I work at a sign company so it was easy to do......
and Eric...its not much cheaper you will actually spend around the same after you factor in all the water, ingredients and equipment

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The brew that's on tap now is a 9.2% Double IPA...for 2 cases of beer it cost 53 bucks

The brew that's on tap now is a 9.2% Double IPA...for 2 cases of beer it cost 53 bucks

That is cheaper than buying 2 cases of a double IPA for sure.

I hear it get cheaper when you move to all grain instead of extracts. But in all reality I know only the basics of home brewing. Check out my two most recent write-ups of my beer adventures:

Beer Tour Friday - Mountain Bike Review

Pliny The Younger Event - Mountain Bike Review

I am planning another beer event tomorrow morning that is going to be on the local news, hopefully I get to be on TV talking about the fantastic San Diego Beer scene!

Yea..all grain is cheaper..I have a lot of the all grain equipment and still going...can't wait to build my system

Back