My new to me 2008 FZ!

Just changed the oil last night. The Cee Bailey screen came in this morning. The previous owner had put on flush mount blinkers on the front, frame sliders, a FE and integrated brake and signals on the tail. Tony (njfz1) found it and let me know about it. :thewave::cloud9:

Last edited:
One SWEET ride! Congrats and welcome back to the FZ1! It's great to have a head-start with a nice collection of mods done already. :tup:

She looks great Cos! Congrats! Tony is "the man" when it comes to finding stuff. He found me my set of GenII 07' Brake Calipers w/pads for less than 50 bucks! Beat that one! And they have the "silver" discs, not "blue". Good luck with your new ride.

Looking nice...and congrats on getting back on an FZ1.
Maybe we could all meet up and have a coffee somewhere sometime? Or a quick trip down to Bishop's Castle, once the weather cooperates?!?!

Congrats on the bike.

Now you need to come out for a ride with Tony and us! lol

I would love to be riding where you are actually.
I grew up in Co.

Looking nice...and congrats on getting back on an FZ1.
Maybe we could all meet up and have a coffee somewhere sometime? Or a quick trip down to Bishop's Castle, once the weather cooperates?!?!

That would be great, I haven't been down to there yet. I have been down 115 a couple of times. I have turned around at Penrose and come back to Colorado Springs or turned left on 50 and come back up I-25.

Beautiful bike. I have Cee Bailey Wind Screen envy! After riding on the highway for a couple of hours yesterday I definitely miss my Cee Bailey. Did you get the medium height one? And how do you like it.

Beautiful bike. I have Cee Bailey Wind Screen envy! After riding on the highway for a couple of hours yesterday I definitely miss my Cee Bailey. Did you get the medium height one? And how do you like it.

Hey Dr. Norm,

I got the medium height clear screen Cee Bailey. I only have about about 40 miles with it so far, I quite like it, much better for me than the stock. I am 5' 8", I think it was the right choice. On my prior FZ1, I had the Zero Gravity (ZG) Sport Touring screen. I liked the ZG better than stock. I think the medium Cee Bailey is a little taller and wider and has a slight flip at the top when compared to the the ZG. I would buy the Cee Bailey screen again.

Hey Dr. Norm,

I got the medium height clear screen Cee Bailey. I only have about about 40 miles with it so far, I quite like it, much better for me than the stock. I am 5' 8", I think it was the right choice. On my prior FZ1, I had the Zero Gravity (ZG) Sport Touring screen. I liked the ZG better than stock. I think the medium Cee Bailey is a little taller and wider and has a slight flip at the top when compared to the the ZG. I would buy the Cee Bailey screen again.

Ah, thank you very much. I'll probably order that one when I get back home.

Sad Story!

I got my new 2008 FZ1 last August, put a good, hard, 5000 miles on it, got it broken in pretty well. Then, I got a new job in December, and put the bike in storage while I am in Africa for a FULL YEAR!! So, there it sits, here I am. I did order a new set of Corbin seats for it last week. Sure hope they fit so when I get back in December, it is ready to ride. I will have four months off when I get back, plan on figuring out what else it needs then.

I got my new 2008 FZ1 last August, put a good, hard, 5000 miles on it, got it broken in pretty well. Then, I got a new job in December, and put the bike in storage while I am in Africa for a FULL YEAR!! So, there it sits, here I am. I did order a new set of Corbin seats for it last week. Sure hope they fit so when I get back in December, it is ready to ride. I will have four months off when I get back, plan on figuring out what else it needs then.

Man, that is a bummer for sure but on the other hand, in these times of economic hardships, having a job is just as important. Maybe you can pick up something cheap over there to satisfy your urge to ride and then sell it before coming back home. Best of luck with your new job!

Just changed the oil last night. The Cee Bailey screen came in this morning. The previous owner had put on flush mount blinkers on the front, frame sliders, a FE and integrated brake and signals on the tail. Tony (njfz1) found it and let me know about it. :thewave::cloud9:

Congrats on the bike!

Is that rear tire a 190/55? Something looks different about it...

I used to use a 55 on my 02 gsxr, I liked it and would have tried a 55 on the FZ1 when I got a puncture the other day, but the shop only had 190/50 at the time...

Congrats on the bike!

Is that rear tire a 190/55? Something looks different about it...

I used to use a 55 on my 02 gsxr, I liked it and would have tried a 55 on the FZ1 when I got a puncture the other day, but the shop only had 190/50 at the time...

It is a 190/50 on the rear

Back