My Loan bike MT10-SP

Love my FZ10!!!

20170724_125649.jpg

I can't for the SP. I know that they changed them again for the SP though.

On the original MT10 and my FZ10 it is:

STD least aggressive
A one step up from STD
B most aggressive

From Visor Down:

"The MT-10 SP comes with a bit of refinement because just like the 2017 MT-10 and the MT-10 Touring Edition, the SP features new engine mapping and a change to its power modes. A, B and Standard mode have been replaced with 1 (Sport), 2 (Standard) and 3 (Soft). Each mode delivers full power but with differing throttle response; no prizes for guessing which is sharpest and softest."

Last edited:
I rode one the other day at a Yamaha demo event. I really liked how well the bike fit me and the overall layout but the power down below 4k wasn't very inspiring. I tried different modes and all seemed a bit soft down low. My only other complaint with the bike are the god awful mirrors. Really Yamaha can we get some mirrors that are actually useful.

I rode one the other day at a Yamaha demo event. I really liked how well the bike fit me and the overall layout but the power down below 4k wasn't very inspiring. I tried different modes and all seemed a bit soft down low. My only other complaint with the bike are the god awful mirrors. Really Yamaha can we get some mirrors that are actually useful.

Yamaha has it neutered for the USA as normal. ECU flash and all is good!!

Yamaha has it neutered for the USA as normal. ECU flash and all is good!!

I was wondering just how corked up it actually was. The XSR900 I rode after it felt like it had a lot more power down low. I do like that exhaust rumble you get with an uncorked exhaust.

The motor in the FZ09 and XSR900 is designed to have heaps of bottom end power. I was talking recently to a fellow who owned both and he said the triple motor had more torque down low than the FZ10. However, once it got into the midrange and top end, it was another story.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

The motor in the FZ09 and XSR900 is designed to have heaps of bottom end power. I was talking recently to a fellow who owned both and he said the triple motor had more torque down low than the FZ10. However, once it got into the midrange and top end, it was another story.

This is always what I toss around in my head when I think about replacing my 03 fz1, I spend most of my time at 80mph on the freeway cruising along in 6th gear at about 5.5krpm. If I need a little power to get up and go, I just twist and it is good enough, if I really want to go I drop a gear or two and BAM I am outta there.

I wonder what that would be like on the FJ09, FZ09 or the XRS900....

Who am I kidding, I won't be able to afford an FZ10 when my current bikes hits the end of its life... I will probably get another cheap Gen 1.... lol. still nice to dream.

Back