My Gen1 StreetFighter attempt

Not wanting to let a day off go to waste, I did spenss a few hours finishing the main work on the pipe. I welded on the outlets, patched a few holes & got a good start grinding and polishing it out getting it ready to paint. I have to figure out a hanger and make some heal guards out of diamond plate.
pipe001.jpg

pipe0016.jpg

pipe0015.jpg

pipe0013.jpg

pipe0011.jpg

pipe0012.jpg

I am going for a "factory" look on the exhaust. I'm welding a hanger on the back,yes. I got 2 differnt ideas on it so far. A peice of flat plate would work fine but some round rod might look a bit more cool... I'm back to work tomorrow so it may be the weekend before I get back on it. I think I can download the youtube app to my phone to try and get a video when it's done

Well I't's the weekend, here is where I got too...
Got the parts blacked out that I wanted in black and clear:
DSCF0016-1.jpg

DSCF0017-1.jpg

Built the hanger and heat guards. Pipee is now black but needs a little finish work
DSCF0014-1.jpg

DSCF0013-3.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0012-2.jpg

Plan is to prety much finish up tomorrow... Forgive the crap vid but it runs nice.

Finished Up

The last thing I threw together was an improvised set of frome sliders since the mounts were allready there.
DSCF0001-2.jpg

Finshed up in time to put a couple miles on it today. Weather rolling in tonite. But here it is finished up.
DSCF0004-3.jpg

DSCF0003-3.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

DSCF0009-2.jpg

DSCF0007-4.jpg

Thanks guys. It ended up about what I had in mind. Only put a mile or two on it today. Hope the stroms here dont last long so I can realy go thrash it a bit.

That's awesome dude. When you first started this thread I was thinking "hack job". But this far exceeds my expectations. Great work, seriously!

Steve

:tup:

LMAO. Steve, I can see how the first pics look that way. I have a lot of "fresh" steel plate and bar around but the bits and peices in the scrap plile may have some rust n paint on them are just as good. I planned on scuffing & painting every part anyway. I was thinking "rat bike" a couple times durring the build. I did every mod with the idea that it can be bolted back to stock at any time. May still happin one day. But for now, I realy like it. I wish the front was a bit more compact to the forks, but I did not want to cut up the front wiring harness untill I have a spare. That "go back to stock" option in my head. If I find one on Ebay sometime I likely rework it a bit, but it's good 'nuff for now. The pipe came out better than I had hoped. It's barly louder than stock is, and has a deeper tone to it. I DO hear more of the AIS popping now, so you can guess what's up and comming on the "to do list". I also have discoved on issue this morning before work, the clock it not holding time. I will be going into it deeper this weekend and waterprofing the connections anyway. Sure I'll track it down. But till then I'm just gonna have fun with it.

Back