My FZ1000 so far

It's super easy! I'm surprised, got a bunch of hate on imgur about it being cut down. I like it, wish I would have left maybe another inch on it. Drones a bit at 75-80.

Looks awesome with the round headlight. Whats it from?? Ive got a fz1n and love it but if I was gonna change anything it would be the headlight. The triangley pointy headlight they come with aren't as good looking as a round one imo. Can you give a more detailed write up/pics of the round headlight install?? Many thanks

That's all the pictures I have of the process. I got the headlight from Amazon, this is a 6.5". I wish it was, and may change it to be the next common size up. Picked a headlight that had a removable bulb so I can go to hid or led later. Got the wrong size headlight mount kit, and so made my own mount clamps as pictured from flat aluminum, and used the headlight mount part with my custom clamps. Because the headlight enclosure would hit the ignition switch, I had to cut the back out of it which is also pictured.

I have the Yoshimura TRC slip-on on, and I want to add a Yoshimura header, di you have an idea of what I would need to accomplish that? Looks like your slip-on "was" a TRC.

I have a full exhaust, but the previous owner installed it. Pretty sure you just need the header and the o2 sensor plug if you are going to discard it. Not sure if it comes with, as I said, I didn't install mine, just modified it. Plenty on here will know.

I have a full exhaust, but the previous owner installed it. Pretty sure you just need the header and the o2 sensor plug if you are going to discard it. Not sure if it comes with, as I said, I didn't install mine, just modified it. Plenty on here will know.

Looks like stock headers to me. Are you sure?

Looks like stock headers to me. Are you sure?

Well buddy, after some Google pic and forum research it is indeed a stock header... I thought the motor was a little soft after the remap, that explains it. Was advertised as full exhaust, and I never checked into it. Wish I knew when I bought it, could have got them to go down a little on the price... Now to change my flair, mods lists, and try some stage 2 or 3 maps when I get it back together.

Decided to re-route everything to the right side to clean up the way it looked, removed insulation down to individual wires for each harness and wrapped together to make a single harness while I have it apart anyway.

vjRMmC4.jpg

What's that little black and silver thingy?

FxOw5uM.jpg

Well alrighty then...

IuXFPLs.jpg

7vFh9CG.jpg

Cikl2DC.jpg

Carefully routed so it doesn't touch the fan
5y3Y4WC.jpg

Rewired the headlight relays to independently run hi/low beams for different switch setup. Can now turn headlights off without killing engine which is cool.

aCw1Bib.jpg

Ordered some Core Moto braided lines, old lines are about an inch too short. Rolled it out and started it to charge up the battery. Now just need to build mounting bracket for gauges, adjust throttle cables, adjust clutch cable, adjust levers, install new lines, and plug a stage 2 or 3 map into PC3.

Last edited:
Seeing all those wires hanging out.
:surrender:

I'll be doing similar stuff to my bike which I just bought, probably no wire re-routing though.

Ok, so rear line installed.
xeJ8n3c.jpg

Bled everything but still felt mushy. Rode it to work on Friday, long story short got the rest of the air out of the system by compressing the calipers then pumping up. Repeated 3 or so times per caliper, worked great! Super firm front and rear now, definitely better than stock was.

Tried a couple of new maps, "Stranger" Stage 3 map my bike hated, wouldn't even rev from idle without stumbling and trying to die. Tried Whittlebeast Stage 3 smoothed, much better, but still hesitated terribly with too much throttle. Went back to Stage 4 Whittlebeast map, and its much much closer, but still not quite right. Same issue but much lower revs, and is easy to avoid. Anything above 3k is strong and responsive. Long story short it needs a dyno-tune, but I'm happy with it for now, might mess with the numbers and see if I can make it worse, ha. Finally got to try the new riding position, and switch layout. I do like the wider grip and little more upright position. Suddenly very aware of the rear tire feel, and a little less of the front from removing the fairings etc, and the new positioning. Overall I like it better, still getting used to it, has been raining, and haven't been able to ride it much yet. I like that it is so much different than when I started.

Did you happen to record the Sound before and after you cut the pipe down? I would love to hear the difference.

I still want to do this to mine.

Did you happen to record the Sound before and after you cut the pipe down? I would love to hear the difference.

I still want to do this to mine.

I didn't do a before video. It sounds super mean when it's wound up. Has a bit much of a drone at 75, would leave an extra inch on it just to curtail that a bit if I where to do it again. That high rpm howl is awesome though.

Back