my FZ1 in a buggy

Hi all,,, sorry if this is the wrong spot, i`m new here & have trouble working out how to wire up the engine to suit the buggy

i think we have an imobiliser problem but now that 3 different fellas have had a go at wiring things up it`s a bit of a big unknown now as to exatly what`s goin on

so my question to you all is--> has anyone know a decent place or person who can wire this buggy up for me to make it go Vrooom?

it`s an 07 FZ1 & fitted into a hillclimb/motorkhana/autocross special

here`s a few pics-->

20120917_205107.jpg

20120615_115032.jpg

we used to have an old 98 R1 engine with carbys runner her but i ran it a bit low on oil & it went "lack-a-lacka" yuk!

so i grabbed this 07 FZ1 donk & just need someone in Brisbane who knows what they`re doing to wire it all up,,, i now have 2x complete matching & coded looms , computers, keys & imobilizers... & i also have a new power comander for it ready to go... just that it won`t go

:-(

any help would be greatly appreciated & at this point in time (after a couple of heart attacks & a stroke all killing me a few times "literally") I`m at the end of my tether & just need another fang in tjhis thing before i pop-off again

this is it in the dirt at willowbank flogging all the wrx`s :)

capture.jpg

& at Mt Cotton Hillclimb-->
R1buggyMtCotton.jpg

this thing turns corners like you won`t believe!!!!

thanks for your help in advance people
Matt
0407 135 656

i can't help but man that is the coolest thing i've seen all day. i've always wanted to put sportbike motors on anything and everything!

There's a fella on the other forum that may be able to help you. Eskort is the first name that comes to mind but RavenRider might be able to help too.

Just post over there with as many details about what your doing as you know and see what comes back. Some of it might not be so good, but if you can wade through that, you'll find gold.

Matt, looks like heaps of fun. Hope you get it sorted out.
Try posting in the tech sections of the forum where more members might see it.
Also, have you had your local yamaha mechanic have a look?
Sorry mate but thats all Ive got.
Matt

ha, thanks guys, funny thing just happened tho
i clicked onto & registered with that other forum spelling out my plight

& got instantly banned for life :-(

something about spam but not sure what that really means,,, i don`t consider myself or what i typed as spam but anyways

if there`s anyone out there who knows the mods there can you slip them a word about my problem(s)?

damn now i`m asking 2x favours & we`ve only just met :)

must be my shout for drinkahols at the next BBQ ok??? :)

cheers guys & thanks for the kind words

i really wish i could give you all a ride in this thing, you`d piss your pants how good it goes,,, oh that`s right,,, it doesn`t actually go :-(

thanks again
Matt

Read the rules or suffer the consequences when it comes to FZ1OA. It cuts down on the spammers by a large margin.

1st thing you need is a service manual for an 2006 to current FZ1. It has the correct wiring diagrams and most of the info you need. You may need to get a stock meter to read the codes the ECU is thowing. There are many no start/run conditions.

Your life would have been easier with a 2001-2005 FZ1 engine.

Yeah, if your 1st post on FZ1OA included a link, you get an instant, permanent ban....happened to me - I provided a link in my 1st post over there to a part guy was looking for...instant ban. As said, they do it to prevent spambots from having any success.

I replied to the email I was sent about the ban, apologized for not reading the rules and asked to be reinstated. They eventually removed the ban and let me return....

We have lots of members here from Australia, and a number of them in Queensland, it's just a matter of time before someone jumps in.

Try Ballmead and Scottyd. Both are in AUS and can probably point you the right way.

Last edited:
matt, always look for the easy things first, side stand cutout switch? clutch switch? is the FZ1 dash connected, leave the pc off till you get it to run, make sure the loom ecu etc is of a FZ1 not a R1, what have you done with the fuel pump system the bike will not start without this connected properly?
Pete N.S.W.

its a runner :)

thanks to all of you guys sending me the workshop manual & wiring diags
thank you heaps n heaps n heaps :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9CzsGlikxk]Buggy lives again - YouTube[/ame]

:)

Buggy lives again :)

thanks people xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Back