My first bike - 2001 FZ1

Yes, I went against all expert advice and got myself a 998cc FZ1 as my first bike. I have never ridden before until the MSC a month ago. I've been riding the FZ1 for about a week, but only in and around my neighborhood. I am hooked. Isn't she lovely?

23343669702_9b8c32d9b3_b.jpg

Attachments

• MyBike.jpg
    MyBike.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Welcome nice bike !! You are now hooked on a fast bike for the rest of your life !! GOOD LUCK !! You should take your bike in an empty parking lot and practice emergency stopping .
Do you have any dirt bike experence ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome nice bike !! You are now hooked on a fast bike for the rest of your life !! GOOD LUCK !! You should take your bike in an empty parking lot and practice emergency stopping .
Do you have any dirt bike experence ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the sound advice. I have been practicing on different things in a shopping center near my home. I have zero experience in dirt bike riding, but there is a few tracks near my home. They have a street bike track as well that I plan to visit.

Lee Parks and Keith Code have instructional books and videos that will teach you a lot also motorcycle consumer news is a great magazine that has no advertisements that has great articles on how to ride. keep an eye on your tire pressure . Did anyone check the bike out for you ? These bikes are bulletproof but there is a couple things to keep your eye on. The front tire is great !!

Nice! my 02 was my first Street bike as well, but I had a number of years experience riding dirt bikes.

My advice to you, don't let your differential speed to traffic around you be too high, that is what gets you into trouble when someone suddenly brakes/turns/changes lanes, etc.

Back