My '04...This Canadian winter's been long

ptrudel

So like everywhere else, this winter's been awfully long...The mod bug bit me a little bit again, so I decided to try my had at some PlastiDip among other things...I'm real happy with the outcome, and definitely love the new gauge faces...Painted lots of the last remaining silver parts that Yamaha should have done from the start, the rims are a vintage metallic gold, and the front fender, mirror block off plates and front fender are anthracite metallic grey. Here's a few pics:

That's a great looking gen 1. I'm a big fan of modifying the gauges. What type of bar end mirrors are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another little update...Playing with PlastiDip again..We'll see if I keep it, so far I'm liking the color...It's different...And blue LED's behind the gauges now, as well as all the indicator lights...The hot spots don't actually show up like the pic shows though. Still have the 15/47 SuperSprox and DID gold chain to install, R1 shifter arm, and I'm gonna clean up that ugly header too...Still snowing and ridiculously cold, I've got lots of time before riding comes.

IMG_20150220_172715.jpg

20150220_221038.jpg

20150216_191617.jpg

Info on the seat cowl......

I believe it was a Yamaha accessory, it has the tuning forks logo on it...It's available if you're interested, shipping from Canada might be the only problem. Selling my bike as no one I used to ride with has a bike anymore and I've lost interest.

Back