Motovation Slider Installation

They're on my bike now. That was easy. It took about 30 minutes, although I did forgo the torque wrench portion. Just snugged them up using my "calibrated" wrist.

^^
looking good mate :cool: , i also got sliders / crash knobs that look very similar to the ones you just fitted "Ozynobs" . i got mine torqued up using a torque wrench , maybe on your next service get your mechanic to double check the tension with a torque wrench .. ;)

They're on my bike now. That was easy. It took about 30 minutes, although I did forgo the torque wrench portion. Just snugged them up using my \"calibrated\" wrist.

I would torque them down...just to be safe, over at fz1oa there's some buzz on frames cracking at the main spar welds with slider installs that were not torqued down properly.
maybe va rider can chime in, I don't have all the facts, don't want to get anyone paranoid,, cause it did make me worry, made me stare at those damn welds for 2 months, Hell NYC roads, wheelies (some hard landings), so far so good, and i never installed sliders, like I said I don't want to start a frenzy, just a heads up

I installed those as well, buy I would feel better if I could add another slider down low each side for parking lot drops. Yes, I've done it already to my new 08. Didn't ensure the sidestand was correct before letting go. The shifter bent and the rad plastic was nicked. No big deal but if that happens in the parking lot then sliding would be much worse.

Anybody know about a fourth slider?

Torque wrench is always a good idea... You never know what the manufacturer has in mind... they may have the torque setting so that in the case of an accident, the bolt shears off... Some stuff... I don't worry about torque settings... I mean.. who really cares if you torque your windscreen bolts to 3.9 in/lb ? but here, you're putting a bolt through the frame, with a piece of malleable plastic under it... the torque setting is to compress that plastic a certain amount and to make sure that the bolt is still doing its job... I'm willing to bet that in addition to the additional torque setting, you're supposed to go back after a while and re-check it. ...

I would torque them down...just to be safe, over at fz1oa there's some buzz on frames cracking at the main spar welds with slider installs that were not torqued down properly.
maybe va rider can chime in, I don't have all the facts, don't want to get anyone paranoid,, cause it did make me worry, made me stare at those damn welds for 2 months, Hell NYC roads, wheelies (some hard landings), so far so good, and i never installed sliders, like I said I don't want to start a frenzy, just a heads up

Back