Motorcycle USA Sport Tire Shootout

Dustin

[video=youtube_share;i1DOkhVI7dg]http://youtu.be/i1DOkhVI7dg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;8_5HHBP9yuw]http://youtu.be/8_5HHBP9yuw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;7Dh1WtCzzO0]http://youtu.be/7Dh1WtCzzO0[/video]

Very cool shootout. The manufacturer picks a tire to represent their brand in this shootout and a test rider does laps on them without being told what he's riding on.

interesting. however that pirelli is a straight track tire, it costs more than their superbike slick even does. shoulda been the rosso corsa 2 as their top tier street tire. not disagreeing that it's a great tire, just, not in that category.

i've wanted to do a comparison of the dot race tires for awhile, hoping some mag will do that soon.

interesting. however that pirelli is a straight track tire, it costs more than their superbike slick even does. shoulda been the rosso corsa 2 as their top tier street tire. not disagreeing that it's a great tire, just, not in that category.

Good point, it's priced way beyond everything else on the list. I guess they left it up to the manufacturer and Pirelli chose that for obvious reasons. At the same time, it is the OEM tire for the Panigale and RSV4 and I suppose that makes it a street tire for all intents and purposes.

I was interested in what the rider had to say about the new Shinko dual compound tire. It was a pretty damning impression but it seems like they are improving a lot with each generation as well. I always like to root for the little guy that tries hard.

Here's the full written article:
2015 Sport Motorcycle Tire Shootout - Motorcycle USA

Last edited:
Good point, it's priced way beyond everything else on the list. I guess they left it up to the manufacturer and Pirelli chose that for obvious reasons. At the same time, it is the OEM tire for the Panigale and RSV4 and I suppose that makes it a street tire for all intents and purposes.

I was interested in what the rider had to say about the new Shinko dual compound tire. It was a pretty damning impression but it seems like they are improving a lot with each generation as well. I always like to root for the little guy that tries hard.

Here's the full written article:
2015 Sport Motorcycle Tire Shootout - Motorcycle USA

while thats true, then they shoulda used the bridgestone rs10 not the s20, its the new r1's street tire. its basically a track tire though, sure its on a stock bike but...not your ordinary stock bike. not disagreeing with the tire reviews just that it wasn't reallllly a fair test. its like comparing a 6cyl accord coupe to an m3. they're both 6cyl coupes right? not quite lol.

as far as shinko goes. drag tire. thats it, they make a wicked good drag tire. but only time to run a shinko is as a drag tire at the strip. any other time, they've always been garbage. someday they may catch up but, i'm not holding my breath.

also on a side note about pricing, msrp is half BS basically. q3's sell for $200 with a $50 mail in rebate from dunlop. not 450 or whatever was listed in the comparison. i get those pirellis at $399 , not $600

Back