Moon Blast!

Was anyone else as dissappointed as I was this morning with the bombing mission on the moon to find water? I rushed to work this morning and put on Nasa TV only to see NOTHING!! Everyone was waiting to see this big impact and plume cloud only to see absolutely nothing! I hope at least the invisible explosion yielded the data they were hoping for originally. I can only imagine just how much taxpayer dollars it took to pull this one off. I only hope it was worth it.

I saw the same thing and basically that was absolutely nothing and that's the same thing they saw. I feel some compassion for them because of all the hoopla that preceeded the "show". I do believe the clapping was a show to inspire the audience. We'll see in the next week or so if it was worth it. If nothing was found, i.e. water or signs of it, either they'll throw some more money into it or it'll be the end of moon exploration. Personally I think the govenment should explore the economy a little more. Economics was one of my minors at MSU and from wht I've seen so far, no one in charge ever got beyond economics 101 and barely passed that.

... no one in charge ever got beyond economics 101 and barely passed that.

If you mean in the government, I believe you... ;)

I watched the whole thing on NASA TV. Started out very exciting, you could see the moon surface get closer and closer. This is going to be something else I thought. Then the image became blurred and distorted, the control crew announced that they would switch image mode, and then the image got even worse. The image got lost, they announced L.O.S. (loss of signal) then came the applauds. End of mission. You could sense some frustration at the press conference later. Where was the big plume? Did they find water? The best image they could show was the actual impact crater, it was the size of one pixel. Yes, one pixel. Amazing. NASA = Not A Straight Answer.

You know, I really didn't hear anything about it until the day it was happening. There were a lot of jokes about the President winning the Nobel Peace Prize the day he started bombing the moon. I hope they begin to find enough stuff on the moon to make it worthwhile for private business to start getting involved. I think space exploration is a worthy cause but NASA like most federal endeavors is a money pit.

Back