Mistery for squid

So I bought a fz1 2009 low miles very much looking mint 6500 miles I put about 800 on it so far. The bike has a tough time off the start. Under 4/5 k rpms it wouldn't go I keep gently twisting throttle down and it's in a stupid state where small input will not affect it acceleration so I have to twist way down. Around 6k rpm it goes like a rocket but she is always backfiring sometimes even when I shift. Previous owner put a dan moto slip on. And it looks like I'm burning it? Please help l. I dont race the bike but I do go fast and I like it to run like a razor and it feels unresponsive at low end and backfire at first was sickkk but it got old fast and it's to the point where I backfire for 300 yards coming off the highway lol.
So here are my questions for those who are still reading.

1. Will getting a new slip on and flashing ecu improve this?
2. Do you think I need new spark plugs ? Coils? Etc.
3. Do you thinking I should try injector cleaner and if so which one is safe

I've changed air filter I've lifted the tank and everything looks factory.
4. Why is this pipe burned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-233227_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-233227_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
I would first check and remove your plugs to see the condition. Or while the bike is idling and up to temp, check each header pipe to make sure all the cylinders are firing. Sounds like it is running lean if the pipe looks like it's burning. Check the fuel line under the tank to make sure that it's not kinked. That is a common occurrence with these bikes. Is the dash throwing up any error codes? An ECU flash wouldn't hurt the bike but you'd be wasting some money if it doesn't cure the issue. I would find the problem first, fix it, and then if you wanted to do the flash it would be a nice upgrade.

Thank you for response. I changed the plugs checked under tank for fuel line kink. Im not getting any error codes on the dash im gonna test the temperature of the headers as the bike is warming up im thinking the coils might have difference resistances. Do you know any reliable company that makes them without being super pricey? I was thinking about Ivan's ecu flash but that would be in the winter. Thanks for you time

Back