Miss Firing like dirty fuel?

Hello Lads,

My FZ1 (2008) has been in the garage for a couple of weeks and was running fine when I left it - started it today and its not firing on 4 cylinders ...
removed the plugs and they look perfect - (brown not black - not oily - gap good) cleaned with wire brush and WD40 on the Plug Leads.. still the same runninig
Its like a bike that has Pilot Jet in carb stuffed - when driving it chucks and breaks onto 4 cylinders over 4k rpm then on less revs its rough again
on Idle its cutting into 2/3 cylinders and back to 4

Does it sound like dirty Fuel ..? thinking of draining the tank and refueling - anyone have similar issues before ? is there a in line filter could be the problem or is the fuel injection system suspect ?

Thanks
Paul

Did you wash [or ride in the rain] it before you put it in the garage? otherwise sounds like one of the coils

Hi Mate

I actually did wash it but the coils are out of reach from the splash water really .. it’s probably worth checking the coils resistance anyway but just feels like a fuel related issue .. the coils are all separate for each cylinder , possibly one breaking down - Only have this bike a few months and don’t know what’s prone to go ..

Thanks for reply

I had the same problem after a wash and only started it up before placing it in the garage [ always take it for a ride now after washing], I ended just going for a ride it took about 20klms before it came good ,so don`t be fooled water can get up in there , worth a try

I'd agree with fisherman and suspect a coil ... I had a simular missfire some time ago and would have swore it to be fuel related , but turned out to be a coil ..

Back