Misfire after throttle cable fitted

Bigg234

I had a perfect running gen 11 2006 bike until the throttle cable broke last week. Being a competent technician of many years, I thought nothing more of replacing the cable, obviously no! Since fitting the cables I now have a misfire/ rough running issue between 2000-3000 rpm, bike runs and idles, rides great over 3K. I have retraced my steps, checked vacuum pipes, tested wiring continuity, even changed plugs and coils, thinking it an extreme coincidence but still has the rough issue, no management light on.

Has anyone else experienced this, does the tps need a reset after cables fitted?

Any advise appreciated, as I am now tearing the skin of an extremely bald head?

Thanks from the latest newbie........

I had a perfect running gen 11 2006 bike until the throttle cable broke last week. Being a competent technician of many years, I thought nothing more of replacing the cable, obviously no! Since fitting the cables I now have a misfire/ rough running issue between 2000-3000 rpm, bike runs and idles, rides great over 3K. I have retraced my steps, checked vacuum pipes, tested wiring continuity, even changed plugs and coils, thinking it an extreme coincidence but still has the rough issue, no management light on.

Has anyone else experienced this, does the tps need a reset after cables fitted?

Any advise appreciated, as I am now tearing the skin of an extremely bald head?

Thanks from the latest newbie........

If your tank was "up" for any or all of the install, I'd say that your fuel line was inadvertently kinked when it was put back down. Very common occurrence I'm afraid. Check it out.

Back