Minor Accident - Running rough

Hello All.

Last Monday, I was leaving work during rush hour. I was on the highway stop and go. The traffic opened up eventually. I was cruising around 45 - 55 MPH. All of the sudden, the pickup truck had to lock up brakes in front of me due to idiot ahead of him. This caught me off guard unfortunately. I had around 7 feet to react and had to lock up brakes. I skid the whole way and as I was, the back tire fish tailed a bit to the right. I ended up going down right up to the pickup truck. The bike and myself landed on the right side. Clutch side of engine.

I had trouble getting it started initially. I believe that was due to flooding. It eventually started and I rode it home. It was riding rough on the way. It seemed like it didn't want to take off in first great. It would, but I had to slip the clutch a tad.

It definitely feels "bladdy/chuggy"(rough) when riding now. I checked the clutch top level plates and things looked okay from what I saw. Once minor detail I noticed when checking was the pressure plate "dot" didn't line up with the marker on cog wheel. I don't know if that was bad but I re-aligned it and tightened everything back up. Anyone have any ideas why it could be riding rough now?

Pictures below.

20160425_181900_HDR.jpg
20160425_181903_HDR.jpg
20160425_181907_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if that would be the best idea since they would probably increase my rates. I'm with State Farm and they're usually pretty good. I just don't want to risk them charging me more money.

Either way, I did go ahead and call them to see. I've got a claim in the process. My buddy brought up a good point. My bike is carbureted. Perhaps when it dropped and flooded, it messed up the things there. I'm no mechanic, just a thought to consider.

Back