Mike from Northern Ireland

Wilgar

Hi. Bought myself an 07 FZ1N, have had lots of bikes before last 1 being an R1, Have stayed away from bike for past 2 years cause of my babies= never any time. Ihave bought this bike as a keeper and will be hanging onto it for many years, i will wanmt to tweak it here and there so would app any advice on the matter. The bike came with full Scorpion system, tail tidy and crash bungs.. Iwant to put fly screen, belly pand and prob jack up kit. maybe alter the sprockets a bit...but not sure which is best... Thanx for reading..

Welcome to the group. Congrats on your new ride. You'll have to post up some pics when you have time. As for mods, there are many. I'm a GenI guy myself but with sprockets, most GenII guys will go with a 16T front from the GenI bike for an immediate seat of the pants upgrade in your low end. The best part is it will cost you very little money to do so.

With the sprockets i would say to go with your weight. Stock is a 17t front and 45t on the rear. Went to a -1 +1 setup and in 3rd the front wheel won't stay on the ground under full throttle. Which i got a few more mods and only 145lbs. Thought i needed to worry about 1st and 2nd but i think it was spinning, got a little groove in my new rear tire after running it. Caught traction in 3rd and the front end wants to come up.

Welcome Mike,
I visited Ireland 3 yrs ago. What a beautiful country. My GG Grandpa was from Ireland from Mayo. Did you ever ride the Ring of Kerry on your bike. That would be fun.

Hi mike & welcome ,
Ireland is on my to do list still ..

As for sprockets the std set up works for me just fine .
I find the gearing about right for these westcountry roads, alot depends on your riding style, for me I like to keep the front on the deck & keep wear & tear to a minimum ,but still keep things a little spirited .

:welcome: I would love to visit Ireland as well. I'd recommend suspension upgrades (especially rear), maybe the 16T front sprocket and open up the breathing with airbox and exhaust and a PCV to keep the fuel mix right.

Back