Mid O

speeddemon2588

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready to do my first track day at Mid Ohio on the 19th of April.
I'm hoping someone on this forum might have a few tips and tricks about this track. Anything helps. It would also be nice to know if any of you will be there. Thanks in advance

Listen to your instructors and don't get ahead of yourself. Speed will build over the entire day.

Have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What Pete said, plus search for "mid ohio track day" on youtube. Watch onboard cam to get an idea for the track (not necessary at all, but won't hurt).

I did Mid-Ohio as my first (and still only) track day last Summer. The instructors were great and I had a fantastic day. Definitely attend the "class" sessions between runs and take advantage of the down-time as much as you can. It's an exhausting day.

Part-way through the day I was told to take my peg-scrapers off because I was throwing sparks and "tearing up the track." You might want to do that preemptively (I passed tech inspection without issues).

Youtube videos will help you to learn the track. I watch a bunch of them before the actual track day, so I had the left/right pattern down for that course. It helps you concentrate on learning the techniques. Here's my contribution to your education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScSz062M1o

Back