Michigan helmet law repealed

Just please fill out your organ donar card..:stirpot:

I am not one to say you need to buy the $500 arai
but cover your melon man.

I bought a $500.00 Arai. It's the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn.

I too don't mind if there is a helmet law or not, what I do know is I have been down hard twice on a road bike and numorous times in motorcross. I doubt I would be here right now had I not been wearing a helmet.

IL hasn't had a helmet law for a long time. Most HD/cruiser guys (which are most of the motorcyclists around me) don't wear a helmet, but they usually have a doo-rag wrapped around their head. Most Goldwinger's and BMW/adventure tourers I see are wearing helmets. Sport bikes are hit or miss, maybe 60/40 with helmets (usually just in town without).

I'm against the helmet law, but I wear my helmet 99.9% of the time. I'm against the seat belt law too. I'm stupid and don't wear my seat belt about 50% of the time. I know I'm stupid, but it's my risk to take. I'm not even sure how the seat belt and helmet laws are constitutional. I'm sure there will be counters about how much money it costs to care for people with injuries that could have been prevented, but you know what? In a perfect world, everyone would have access to the best healthcare in the world without cost. But that same world would see me in a Bugatti Veyron without cost too. Healthcare is NOT a right (no matter how much it should be). I deal with people that get 'free' healthcare on a daily basis and they have no value in it, they don't appreciate it and they only expect more. There is no pleasing most of them! The sad truth in the world is you can't save everyone!

Can+of+Worms.jpg

Sometimes you need to thin the heard. :stirpot:

soap-box.jpeg

Sorry, that went way over the edge :rant: I shouldn't type when I'm so tired... :dontknow:

Helmet law or not. Just like gloves,pants,jacket & boots I wouldnt ride without the brain bin on.

Last edited:
I think you would be dumb not to wear a brain bucket.
Nearly every time I have crashed I have hit my head, In fact I was knocked out in one crash back in the 70s so if it wasn't for the skid lid I would have been pushing up daisy's. At least get a open face helmet I just cant think of anything worse than having brain damage and you need someone to feed you and wipe your rear.

Wow, a law that supports you right to be stupid. A good helmet costs about the same as a ct scan, and we haven't got to the fun part yet, brain surgery, for a cracked skull, or mounting medical bills yet.
I know some people would argue to each his own, right?
But has anyone looked at the bigger picture?
Who is funding healthcare? Taxpayers! Yep that's where al that money goes, could have done a lot in other sectors of the economy.
Come on put a lid on it.

Year before last I was riding home (around 60-65 mph) from work and a damn bird hit me right in my face shield. Sounded like a grenade going off inside my helmet. I cannot imagine what would have happened had I been wearing a half helmet or worse yet, none at all. It would have hit me straight in the.......ahem......"beak" and probably rendered me unable to even see.

I can't believe people would ride a motorcycle without one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ballmead you wouldn't belive if if told you that up until 2004 in Croatia the fine for not having a helmet on while riding was 10$, and even more upseting is that people were rather paying the fine than having a helmet on, I mean how much stupid you have to be for that kind sh.t!!! From 2004 the fine for riding without a helmet went up for 2000% now the fine is around 200$ and there are still some idiots who refuse to ride without it.....so you can say that human stupidity has no limits!!!!

In the past few years there is a new wave of young riders who drive without the licence plate, so when the police tries to stop them they just don't stop, and then they end up harassing honest riders find themselves passing by.....:rant::rant::rant:

NH has no helmet law for riders over 18. I always wear a helmet. I'm also of the mind that maybe it shouldn't be law and then natural selection takes over. If people don't want to wear one, that is their choice here. I just believe they made the wrong choice.

NH has no helmet law for riders over 18. I always wear a helmet. I'm also of the mind that maybe it shouldn't be law and then natural selection takes over. If people don't want to wear one, that is their choice here. I just believe they made the wrong choice.

nice to see you here mate:cowboy:

IMO, I would rather get and wear a decent full face helmet.

I would like my face to stay as perfect and handsome you know #justsayin :+2:

but still, i cannot be compared to him

259138-to-all-of-those-women-still-chasing-zeddie-little-the-25-year-old-iden.jpg

Last edited:
nice to see you here mate:cowboy:

IMO, I would rather get and wear a decent full face helmet.

I would like my face to stay as perfect and handsome you know #justsayin :+2:

but still, i cannot be compared to him

Hey! Glad you made it over and congrats on the upgrade! Welcome to the liter club. :D How are you liking the new bike?

The real irony is that many of the Live Free or Die crowd who support riding w/o a helmet are members of the personal-responsibility crowd. The new law requires an additional $20K insurance coverage. That $20K should pay for about the first hour or two in the ER. Who pays after that? We do. I fully expect my insurance rates to increase as a result (as if the insurance companies will pass up a reason/excuse to raise rates).

So much for personal responsibility. We pay to keep the veggies on life support.

Another victory for freedom.

Gotta admit it does look cool seeing Tom Cruise or Nichalos Cage ride without helmets at blazing speeds in the movies, stunting, wind blowing through your hair, wow, what a rush!
Then reality sets in....... Get back to reality, cracking your skull is not fun.
Ride with a helmet, should be law just like seat belts. If you don't then you should be fined, at least that'll help pay for the hospital bills rather than tax payers.
Hmmm..... Here' s a thought.

This is a weird country ... on the other hand there are so many strict laws and then there is the liberal gun law, no helmet/gear, allowed to talk on cellphones while driving...

Last edited:
Back