Michelin Pilot Road 4 Tires Review

Because you posted this in 'Product Reviews', I would have preferred a real review after some real mileage on them in real conditions. Copy-pasting the Michelin marketing mumbo jumbo is a bit pointless because I can just read Michelin's press release if I wanted to. This blog post is more of a 'preview' than anything.

I'd love it if you had saved the review for until you had some hard miles on them. There's not a lot of proper reviews out for these yet and you could have taken advantage of that :)

Last edited:
Because you posted this in 'Product Reviews', I would have preferred a real review after some real mileage on them in real conditions. Copy-pasting the Michelin marketing mumbo jumbo is a bit pointless because I can just read Michelin's press release if I wanted to. This blog post is more of a 'preview' than anything.

I'd love it if you had saved the review for until you had some hard miles on them. There's not a lot of proper reviews out for these yet and you could have taken advantage of that :)

I definitely will. I have some miles on them, but its been so cold I haven't put a a lot on them yet. Heck, they just came out :)

I plan to do an update somewhere around 1000 and then again when they are ready to be swapped out.

Thanks for checking it out and I will post the updates here.

I got about 10,000 miles out of the center of my PR3 rear. I replaced it with another PR3 rear and I still have the same PR3 front. If I had known PR4's were coming out, I might have tried to wait.

I'm hoping the rear has just a touch more grip on the dry. I really have no other complaints about the PR3's.

Maybe they finally improved the cornering precision, that would be really great. Also the stability at large lean angles could be improved, at least they do not have the deep groves until the edge of the tire like the PR3 and PR2 had.

However, I agree with Dustin to review a tire you need to run through at least a whole set. Temperature is very important for tires and they can perform really different depending on that. Another point is how the characteristics change with wear over time.
As with all products the flaws surface after some time and it happened to me several times that a product that was initially very good turned out to show severe flaws after some time.

Maybe they finally improved the cornering precision, that would be really great. Also the stability at large lean angles could be improved, at least they do not have the deep groves until the edge of the tire like the PR3 and PR2 had.

However, I agree with Dustin to review a tire you need to run through at least a whole set. Temperature is very important for tires and they can perform really different depending on that. Another point is how the characteristics change with wear over time.
As with all products the flaws surface after some time and it happened to me several times that a product that was initially very good turned out to show severe flaws after some time.

I'll definitely keep it updated. I was planning on a 3 part review for this one. Kind if a beginning, middle, and end.

Back