Michelin Pilot Road 3

I'm having a new set of Pilot Road 3 mounted tomorrow morning. The front may still have a couple thousand miles left but is annoyingly scalloped & I'm tired of it now. The rear has a bunch of life left but it's going to be swapped in place of a fresh, round one. :thumbup:

Front: 15,000 miles
Rear: 7000 miles

Seeing that I have a scooter for winter now, I think I will try the new Pirelli Angel GT next. They sound great and I don't think I need the extreme weather siping of the PR3 for winter anymore

I'm having a new set of Pilot Road 3 mounted tomorrow morning. The front may still have a couple thousand miles left but is annoyingly scalloped & I'm tired of it now. The rear has a bunch of life left but it's going to be swapped in place of a fresh, round one. :thumbup:

Front: 15,000 miles
Rear: 7000 miles

Seeing that I have a scooter for winter now, I think I will try the new Pirelli Angel GT next. They sound great and I don't think I need the extreme weather siping of the PR3 for winter anymore
Just fitted a set of the Angel Gt`s,so far very happy with them.I`ve gone back to a 190 50 from a 55 rear,the reason is I am on the short size makes the bike approx 10mm lower in the rear so I slid the fork`s up 7mm to sharpen up the steering,have a couple of mates running the GT`s and they love them.

Last edited:
I had them on my cb600 2006 they were awsome they grip like hell on the road they have a really nice feeling and in water they feel secure. My dad got em for is FJR and is wife bought them for is fz6 they are all more than satisfied.

I will buy them when i need to change the tire on my fz1

i just had a pr3 rear mounted saturday. did 1000 miles sunday/monday. i like it. doesn't grip like my q2's but i kill q2's in 5000 miles or less, so, since these are supposed to have better life i gave em a shot. they have decent grip, held a line well, they did slip on me a bit on the edges, they wobbled a little under hard acceleration and could feel them roll a bit when pushing them but they held up pretty good. the q2's have better grip, especially at the edges, but, so far, first 1000 miles of the pr3 look good for medium level riding

I have over 10,000 miles on my PR3's. I've been happy with them. The rear is flat in the middle and the center stipe is missing in places. The front looks like it could last another 5,000, but sometimes I'm fooled by the end of a tire. I'm running pretty high pressures front and back (40 and 42). Sadly, I have so much sidewall left on the rear, but I live in IL. Straight, flat roads. No chance to take any decent curves. :surrender:

I'll try to throw up a picture of my tires later. I think I may try the 190/55 just to see how it is. I don't know that it will help me in flat IL, but why not? :dontknow:

Have a little over 500 miles on my first set of Pilot Road 3's. As many of you noted I could not stand the Pilot Road 2's. So far I'm very pleased with the Pilot Road 3's. Just did a run up and down Yarnell and the Spars to Prescott.

Good
- lean in is better than the Plot Road 2, still not perfect but a lot smoother
- side grip is a lot better than the Pilot Road 2, a lot more confidence inspiring and able to push much faster through the corners.

Bad
- still has that annoying little bit of sudden increase in lean angle that feels like the tire is dropping off it's firm edge to the soft edge. Can accommodate by changing riding style.
- I know this is just a trait of the sport touring tire in general but with the necessary high inflation rate of 42psi that most people recommend running, the tire is very firm and does not soften any bumps in the road.

Just got a set of PR3s scrubbed in on Sunday. First impressions very good.

My previous set were PR2s and I really enjoyed them, I got about 10,000kms from the set, including lots of lively twisty riding, I could probably have squeezed a bit more out of them as I don't do much/any riding in the wet, but I'm going off on a big five day ride in a couple of weeks time and I wanted some new boots on it before that.

Price was $470 AUD including fitting for 120/70 front and 190/55 rear.

Back