Michelin Pilot Road 2's or Pilot Power 2CT's

Been thinking should I be happy with the Pilot Road 2's or should I try and change them to Pilot Power 2CT's?
I've paid for them but have not had them fitted (will be a while before I need them)...
I'm no GP moto rider and don't ride in the rain. So I doubt I could out ride the bike in a corner...

My ctII's rear has about a thousand miles on it and has 'just' begun to get some aparrent flattening, I mean you have to look for a second closley to see it, but it's there, 'barely,' and I like the throttle a bit, not extreme but I like it, hard through the gears on straights on these backroads. I'm surprised at the wear, if I was on BT's or Avons it would be 'much' more aparent. I 'would' have a flat spot. What I'm saying is, they seem to really have some life in them. I expect at this rate to mabe get 3,500 on it, (rear) and possably four. The front will surely be a two timer, you can tell no wear, but my braking is fairly conservative too. I'm happy with the Michelin Pilot Power CT II's by far....! Everything I'v ever run on my old Buell got hopefully 'just' 2,800-3,000 miles and those were BT 14's, Avon 56's and Dumlop Qualifiers. The Michelins seem to grab and slide on the rear if I hit the rear brake too much, I must watch it, but I think thats the peculiarity of the FZ1, which by the way is an 2005 Gen. 1. From what I'm seeing, the Michelins are sweet tires. My other and 'next' tires will be Avon storms, to see how the Avon line does.. I don't know what the 'magic' tire is for the FZ yet, but I'm having fun finding out.........lol..

Winter too.......

I think another thing coming into play is were coming off of icy roard this time of year so theres a lot of conservative riding the tires right now, the confidence isn't there till road temps rise into the 60's and up.

Back