Michelin Pilot Road 2

Michelin Pilot Road 2CT , dual compound technology tyres . medium centre , soft side walls , long milage life & sticky sides . i will be replacing my OEM Pilot Road's , when my next tyre change is due ..

I was running the PR2's for quite some time... they were good for every day riding, with the occasional high speed canyon blast. However, because of the different shape and construction of the tire, they can take a little bit to get used to. Some have reported that the tires have an uneasy feeling when at a mid-way lean angle, and others report an uneasy feeling when fully leaned over. Personally, I noticed that I was steering more using the rear end of the bike. When I got a hole in my last PR2, I went to the Pirelli Corsa III and almost had to learn how to ride again. I was so used to the rear "stepping out" that I would go into corners expecting the Pirelli to step out, and when it didn't, I was under-steering the corners.

for our roads here in Greece the best tyre that ever put is dunlop quallifier
the warm very very quick with quick geometry!

Michelin Pilot Road 2CT is very good tyres but not as dunlop!!

for our roads here in Greece the best tyre that ever put is dunlop quallifier
the warm very very quick with quick geometry!

Michelin Pilot Road 2CT is very good tyres but not as dunlop!!

I think "Best Tire" depends on a lot of factors.

Type of riding -
if you consistently ride hard, you'll be much happier with a tire of the supersport type. E.G. : Pirelli Corsa III / Rosso; Pilot Power / PP2CT; Metzeler M1 / M3; Dunlop Qualifier; Bridgestone BT016 / BT014 / BT002; Conti Race Attack.

If you mainly Commute : Michelin Pilot Road; Dunlop 221; Bridgestone BT056; Metzeler Z6; Avon Azaro; Conti Road Attack.

If you need a tire that is good for some miles, as well as being sticky enough for some spirited riding : Dunlop Roadsmart; Michelin Pilot Road2; Conti Street Attack

Also, it'll depend on the type of pavement that you're riding on. If the roads in your area are a smooth surface, you'll need a slightly stickier tire, if the roads are of the chip/seal variety, you can get away with a slightly harder tire as the pavement does a better job of gripping the tire.

I suppose it really boils down to personal preference and the type/style of riding you do. Each tire has its own properties that make it a good tire for different reasons. I wouldn't say that I've ever had any tire that was utter crap, and I've run just about everything out there, but I've used tires that didn't suit my style of riding very well.

i agree with you!!;)

I afterwards led in dunlop from a lot of trials here to Greece , the streets here they don't leave to you also a lot of choices :D:D

I think "Best Tire" depends on a lot of factors.

Type of riding -
if you consistently ride hard, you'll be much happier with a tire of the supersport type. E.G. : Pirelli Corsa III / Rosso; Pilot Power / PP2CT; Metzeler M1 / M3; Dunlop Qualifier; Bridgestone BT016 / BT014 / BT002; Conti Race Attack.

If you mainly Commute : Michelin Pilot Road; Dunlop 221; Bridgestone BT056; Metzeler Z6; Avon Azaro; Conti Road Attack.

If you need a tire that is good for some miles, as well as being sticky enough for some spirited riding : Dunlop Roadsmart; Michelin Pilot Road2; Conti Street Attack

Also, it'll depend on the type of pavement that you're riding on. If the roads in your area are a smooth surface, you'll need a slightly stickier tire, if the roads are of the chip/seal variety, you can get away with a slightly harder tire as the pavement does a better job of gripping the tire.

I suppose it really boils down to personal preference and the type/style of riding you do. Each tire has its own properties that make it a good tire for different reasons. I wouldn't say that I've ever had any tire that was utter crap, and I've run just about everything out there, but I've used tires that didn't suit my style of riding very well.

Excellent post!

My Gen 2 came on Pilot Road 2CT's and they suit both me and the bike very well

I am never going to do a track day, just some "spitited" road riding around the SE of the UK

The roads are a mixture of concrete slab (A12 and M25) smooth tarmac and the most common is chippings layed into tarmac, (there must be a trade name but I dont know)

The bike is stable at speed, corners like it is rails and generally give a lot of confidence

My previous Gen 1 (full Monty) had Pilot Power 2CT which I also rated, but the Pilot Roads seem every bit as good if not better although if I am honest, the Gen 2 is a much better handling bike in the 1st place

Back