Metzeler Z6 vs Conti Road Attach

FastRnu2

I just changed the original Metzeler Z6 tires on my BMW R1200RT at 11,000mi. I'd say I got my moneys worth. These were the OEM tire. This is a heavy bike (compared to my FZ1) and I use the BMW for long distance touring. They handle great in both wet & dry and although I never had to lock up a tire I would say braking performance was great as well.

I replaced them with the Contintental Road Attach (also a BMW OEM tire) because they had a good write up in one of the magazine comparison tests. They beat out the Metzelers in several catagories and paired in all others. The Metzelers were much more harsh than the Continentals even though they both require the same air pressure. The turn in on the Conti is better and the ride is excellent. Also the Conti's don't have that harsh "thwack thwack thwack" when riding over the BOTS DOTS and reflectors on the freeway that the Metzelers had. It used to knock my GPS out of alignment.

I can't respond on the milage yet, you will need to give me a year or so for that.

I'm sure with the constant changes in motorcycle tire technology I imagine by the time these wear out there will be a 15,000mi tire available.

The FZ1 has about 3,000mi and showing signs of wear. This is my commuter bike, 70mi a day, so I expect to be searching for replacements soon. I usually go two rears to one front. We shall see.:shine:

Back