Metzeler - Sportec M5 Interact

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Anyone have any experience with this tire? Motorcycle Superstore has them on sale and they seem to fit all the qualifications I'm looking for in a sport touring tire. Normally $460.90 for the set. Current sale is $249.98 for the set with free shipping.

So far, 6 reviews and all 6 are five stars. Here's the description for the new M5.

Sportec M5 Interact Rear Tire

The Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Rear Tire is the first tire with 5 tension zones, designed to give you maximum control, confidence and agility no matter what the weather conditions. Metzeler’s new high-Silica with dedicated resin compounds sets a new benchmark of the segment in terms of wet traction. While the effective tread pattern with optimized land/sea ratio engineered for better performance in all weather conditions.

Features:
  • Offers high level of grip on both wet and dry conditions, while providing excellent mileage
  • Five tension zones for maximum control, confidence and agility - superior performance for city riding and/or canyon carving on supersport or naked motorcycles
  • New tension layout ensures a high level of confidence and control while leaning with the best progressive feedback of the supersport segment on the street as well as the track
  • New high silica formula with dedicated resin compounds sets a new benchmark of the segment in terms of wet traction
  • Effective tread pattern with optimized land/sea ratio engineered for better performance in all conditions
  • High steel tension/low compound flexibility in the crown center area for mileage and stability; low steel tension/high compound flexibility in the shoulder for better handling and grip
  • W-rated for speeds of 168+ mph

Last edited:
:eek: Ooops! Forgot to link the store name before I submitted. Thanks Lee! :tup:

It's a fairly new model so I'm doubting that many here have tried it and if so, can comment on the wear/life of the tire but I thought I'd ask. I know that Metzeler makes good tires and this one seems to "have it all" which is where I ride... in all of it. ;)

They are supposed to be better then the M3's and I thought the M3's were very good tyres. I would love to try a set myself but I have too many klms left on my stock tyres :(

Well I can't wait for your report if you get them.

I got BT016 this time so I probably wont make it all the way through next season without some new tires. I may actually try my Pirelli take off's first though. Good 500 - 1000 miles left on those.

Metzler sport techs

I've been using the Metzler sport techs on my bmw 1150 rt for years. they are awesome tires.Iended up w the meztlers after a few other brands and have never gone back. I hear there new interact is supposed to be even better but have not tried it yet, I do plan on getting a set though after I wear out the tires I have now. I dont see how you can go wrong w these, the sport techs seem to be a very neutral tire on the beemer. In other words the bike is very easy to turn in on corners but doesnt fall in too easy and doesnt take extra effort to turn in like some tires do. Hope that helps a little.

So at $250 a set, how would these compare to the single-compound Pilot Powers which can be had for under $190 shipped in a 120/70 & 180/55?

Back