Metzeler Roadtec 01

Dustin

New ST tire out from Metzeler! This one replaces the aging Interact Z8.

ROADTEC™ 01 is the latest evolution in Metzeler touring tires. With a focus on enhancing grip on wet and low friction surfaces, increased mileage, and a high degree of adaptability to different motorcycles, riding styles, and conditions, the ROADTEC™ 01 provides modern solutions to past and future needs.

PRODUCT MAIN FEATURES:

INCREASED GRIP ACROSS A WIDE RANGE OF RIDING ENVIRONMENTS
The employment of completely new tread design, enhancing mechanical grip coupled with compounds evolved from those of tests-winner ROADTEC™ Z8, allows for increased confidence and feeling while riding in any condition.

EXTENDED MILEAGE & PERFORMANCE CONSISTENCY
New profile (larger and shorter contact patch) in combination with improved compounds ensure extended performance and tire life.
Tread design, superficially groove geometry and positioning, ensure long lasting performance.

ENHANCED PRECISION AND RIDING COMFORT
Structural elements, the fine tuning and METZELER INTERACT™ technology, promote adaptive and predictable behavior across a wide range of motorcycles and riding situations.

roadtec01_product_sheet_460x500_NEW.jpg

Metzeler Roadtec 01 - First Look

Last edited:
Mounted today....rain test!

Got my Roadtec 01's on today....and as luck would have it....a rainy day in the Bay. After they were fitted the rain was letting up but I was still planning on just going home and waiting for a dry day to give them a break in...but after a short time I just said fork it....I'm going to ride! So I head towards the coast for lunch, then onto some twisty roads over the Santa Cruz mountains.

Temps were in the mid 50's....light showers so the roads were wet but not pooling. I do not normally ride in the rain, but after living in Seattle for 22 yrs I know what riding in the rain is about. These tires do instill confidence in the wet! The only time was there any squirm was when I hit a patch of tar snakes that were wet and any tire is going to move on those.

Interesting that my first ride on these was in the wet....never have I "scrubbed" in a set of tires in the wet. Hopefully drier weather tomorrow and I can push them a bit more. So far...impressed!

As a side note, one tire I will never purchase again (unless under duress) is a Conti Motion. When my Pilot Power III garnered a large hole in Livermore I had no choice but to mount this. Not a BAD tire....handles and grips fairly well in the dry, but only got 3,200 miles from it. This is supposed to be a ST tire.

Cheers!!

Back