MDI Carbon Fibre Instrument cover (Australia Only)

MDI Carbon Fibre Instrument cover GenII (Australia Only)

Hi all,

I have a brand new, never fitted MDI carbon fibre instrument cover for sale.
This is for a GenII FZ1.
It's matt finish with plain twill
It took months to turn up and they sent me the wrong finish.....arrgh!!
I have decided to try and sell it rather than return it to the USA.
$60 including shipping Australia wide.

IMG_20170112_093815993.jpgIMG_20170112_094028726.jpgIMG_20170112_094102141.jpgIMG_20170112_094118791_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bit of kit there and if someone wanted a gloss finish it wouldn't take anything to scuff it up and hit it with some clear coat.

I did this with parts on the Leo Vince Exhaust I had on my previous 09 R1.

IMG_4826.jpgIMG_4871.jpg

Hi mate,

I might be keen to grab this but I'm not back for a few weeks and I live in an apartment so anything that doesn't fit in the mailbox gets left out and is pinched. On another note how was dealing with mdi? I was going to pick up some bits including the exact piece you have but he reviews aren't great.

Cheers.
Dan.

Hi Dan. MDI were a bit of a pain to be quite honest. It took nearly 3 months to receive my items and one of them (the instrument cover) was the wrong finish.
Their communication is not very good either.
The quality however is excellent.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think I spoke too quickly about MDI.

They just sent me an email saying that they will send me the correct part and allow me to keep the wrong part they sent.
They are also offering me free postage as I want another tailpiece carbon part.
So basically if you're in a hurry, look elsewhere otherwise you just have to be patient.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

John, I'll take it off your hands. PM me payment details and I'll transfer money today. May even be able to organise pick-up if you let me know where is Sydney.

Back