MAYBE NEW TO ME 05 FZ1

Hi , Live in N California . Ride a VERY tired Honda VFR750F2 . Have my eye & heart set on a like new 05 FZ1 Only 9000 miles . Not a scratch on it , I could find . Micron slip on -Corbin seat & an Ohlins steering stabilizer .
Would have brought it home with me today , except I am only 5' 6" tall .I can ride it ,as is . If I can drop it two inches ? That would go a long way in building confidence & allowing me to enjoy it that much more .
So , that being said. Can some one point me in the right direction to post in the correct place to ask for advice on the best way to go about this ?

THANK YOU !

I'm new to the FZ1 myself, but I love my new to me 02! You might find an aftermarket seat helps. This one has less forward slope, so if that was accomplished by lowering the back of the front seat pad you might get half an inch? https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Yamaha-FZ-1-2001-05-Complete-Seat/

Loweringlinks also has a kit for a 1.2" drop for the FZ1 (aka FZS1000 FAZER). http://www.loweringlinks.com/moto/yamaha-fzs1000-lowering-links-30mm-to-2005/

Good luck! I went with an FZ1 instead of a Tracer 900 GT because I love the way the inline 4 delivers power vs the triple, and because the Tracer was just too tall for me to be confident.

I am 5'9" with a 30inch inseam and am able to ride my 03 FZ1 just fine. When sitting on the bike can you get your left leg on the ground and hold the bike up? That is really all you will need to be able to do.

When at a stop you should keep your right foot on the peg depressing the rear brake to keep your bike still and notify anyone approaching from behind that you are stopped.

I have been riding for more then forty years now . Never owned a bike yet that I was flat footed on. Am barely 5'6" with 27" inseam. Sitting on bike with left toe touching ground . Only right toe touching peg .
No, this is not really all you need to be able to do ! Not all roads are level . Stop where the crown of the road is working against me & I am screwed . Not to mention when you are forced to crawl backwards to complete a Uturn . Also , not fun when passengers are getting on & off . I could go on & on &on
You have three inches on me !

I have been riding for more then forty years now . Never owned a bike yet that I was flat footed on. Am barely 5'6" with 27" inseam. Sitting on bike with left toe touching ground . Only right toe touching peg .
No, this is not really all you need to be able to do ! Not all roads are level . Stop where the crown of the road is working against me & I am screwed . Not to mention when you are forced to crawl backwards to complete a Uturn . Also , not fun when passengers are getting on & off . I could go on & on &on
You have three inches on me !

If you can't get your left foot flat on the ground then the bike might be too tall for you. Just the toe is probably not enough.

Back