Manual anyone?

I am a new owner of a 2002, and need a little advise on somethings. First, would like know if anyone has a Manuel and if there is a conversion kit for an FZ1 on the chain and spocket for a 530?

The service manual is available for purchase from Yamaha.
Downloadable service manuals violate copyright law, and providing or linking to one is a good way to get banned.

The owner's manual is available for download from Yamaha.

The stock chain and sprocket kit on a 2002 FZ1 is a 530 chain with 16/44 gearing.
Many people have gone with different gearing. Some just use a 15T up front. Some use a combination of change front and rear. Me personally, I run 15/47 with 520 pitch.

Last edited:
I just purchased a 'Clymer' manual off of ebay last evening, for $15.50 and $10-ish for shipping. Clymer may not be the best, but probably is sufficient for the medium skilled self mechanic. Their all over ebay.

I just purchased a 'Clymer' manual off of ebay last evening, for $15.50 and $10-ish for shipping. Clymer may not be the best, but probably is sufficient for the medium skilled self mechanic. Their all over ebay.

Same here. The Clymer's manual should suffice for regular maintenance and some more in depth repairs. I always pick up one one these no matter what vehicle I own. They pay for themselves after just the first repair or maintenance that you do on your own and cut out paying someone to do the job. There is also great satisfaction that comes with being able to understand the workings of your bike, especially in times of a "breakdown" when your not close to home.

Yea, if your bored, you can go cover to cover reading and examining pics in the manual, I always seem to go through them and framilliarize myself with things, then remember later...oh yea, I saw that stuff in the manual. I guess you can't soak up enough FZ1 info this time of year...lol wish it would warm up..........lol

Back