maintenance threads???

Welcome to the site!

It looks like you would benefit from picking up a service manual. The general idea that you are looking for can be found here, but it is only a basis for it specifically applies to a Gen I.

Hope this gives you at least a starting point to build from....

Adam

Welcome to the site!

It looks like you would benefit from picking up a service manual. The general idea that you are looking for can be found here, but it is only a basis for it specifically applies to a Gen I.

Hope this gives you at least a starting point to build from....

Adam

awesome link....

i have the repair manual from cylmer for by honda but noticed that they only have it for gen 1. anyone got a pdf of it anywhere?

Thanks,
Sid

there is no legal copy of the Service Manual in PDF form. Anywhere. It does not exist legally.

Illegally, they can be found all over the web. Including on eBay.

However, it will not be permitted to post links where one can find these manuals for download.

there is no legal copy of the Service Manual in PDF form. Anywhere. It does not exist legally.

Illegally, they can be found all over the web. Including on eBay.

However, it will not be permitted to post links where one can find these manuals for download.

is it a yamaha FSM or is it cylmer? Cylmer stuff is ok but i'm used to the nice Toyota FSM that are beyond detailed.

i just thought cylmer doesn't make a gen2.

thanks,
sid

Just want to say Welcome to the group Sid. Good to have you here. The link that BroHay left is really helpful. Much of what you see there can be loosely passed along to the GenII bikes, such as oil, plugs, chain, wheels, brakes, etc. I'll probably wind up with an actual service manual which I have for all my vehicles, both 2 or 4 wheels. I just have been putting the cash in other areas as of late. Welcome again.

Requesting material or Links to material that is copyrighted, w/o ownership or having paid for such a right, is STRICTLY prohibited here on the site!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Clymer for my mewly acquired "81" Goldwing and I'll tel you that they tend to be too general and may not even have specific info on a particular model in a model line-up. For instance, my Clymer for the goldwing shows how to set the points but the 1981 and later versions have CDI. It has several other incorect information areas for my specific year. If I were you I'd get as Genuine Yahama service manual because it is sure to have clearer and more precise information. Compaired to the Goldwing, the "08" FZ1 I have is four times more complicated and having the correct information on how to work on it is important to the do-it-yourself mechanic.

VA Rider is correct. Anyway, why cheap-out on the very information you need in your tool crib more than anything else? Ever heard the old saying, "just enough information to be dangerous", it happens with the wrong service manual.

Back