Lunch At Greenwood Lake With Tony

I met Tony up at the peak this morning. After hearing the weather report for another scorcher, it was nice to see that up on the mountain the breeze was cool and steady. No bugs and no sweat! Tony had the YZF1000 with him today and it was my first time seeing it up close after the rebuild. The only thing I can say is SWEET!!! The bike came out fabulous.

IMG_0270-1.jpg

IMG_0271-1.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

After talking a while with Ken, another FZ1 owner, Tony and I decided on lunch over in Greenwood Lake. We took Route 106 which has finally been reopened after what seemed an eternity. What a great road. Now if they just repave we'd be talking A+! Next time I'll be sure to have the GoPro with me for sure. After Tony and I gave the 016's a workout on the edges, we wound up at a great little roadside place and had hotdogs and shakes under the canopy. They even had ceiling fans set up underneath. What a great day!

IMG_0277-1.jpg

IMG_0278-1.jpg

We finished eating and chatting and headed back home. Tony took the high road and I took the low road. All I can say is that once I got off the mountain, it was like I jumped into HELL! The temps must have been 5 to 10 degrees hotter with no breeze whatsoever. I switched over to "turbo" mode and made it home in under an hour.

We had a great ride, logging in over 160 miles today with some good food and great conversation. I also picked up my new fork adjusters that Tony brought along with him. No more looking for wrenches for me!

IMG_0281-1.jpg

Next time the YZF comes out of the Bat Cave, I will definitely have some awesome video of Route 106 for you guys! Thanks for looking, and thanks Tony for a great ride!

Yea, a great day for riding up in the mountains to keep cool. I just have to adjust the suspension a bit as it's great on smooth roads, but a bit too harsh over the bumps. Oh and I love how my wheels look "clean" in these pictures :D In reality the rear wheel is full of grease, chain lube and brake dust :( Will need a good cleaning.

And I hate to say this, but this bike is actually a little more comfortable that the FZ1. Better seat and wind protection that's for sure! My wrists just need to get used to carrying more of the weight, but I am not sore at all after riding well over 100 miles today.

Overall a fun day :tup:

Last edited:
Both bikes are looking damn good. Sucks that I will never get to ride with most of you. Such a great group of genuinely nice people.

Thanks Brad...I know what you mean. I feel lucky to have had the chance to meet Billy, Eric, his wife Michele and Norm. Really looking forward to September and our Deals Gap trip and meeting other members.

Thanks Brad...I know what you mean. I feel lucky to have had the chance to meet Billy, Eric, his wife Michele and Norm. Really looking forward to September and our Deals Gap trip and meeting other members.

If we can do the same trip in 2011 I will be there. I will finally be up to 3 weeks vacation.

If we can do the same trip in 2011 I will be there. I will finally be up to 3 weeks vacation.

Hey, I'm up for it because I'm sure we're going to have a great time. I'm disappointed that Eric and his wife wont be able to make it this year so another trip in 2011 sounds like a good idea ;) And as far as vacation I got an extra week starting this year so I'm up to 33 days a year. I guess I'm kind of spoiled :D

Hey, I'm up for it because I'm sure we're going to have a great time. I'm disappointed that Eric and his wife wont be able to make it this year so another trip in 2011 sounds like a good idea ;) And as far as vacation I got an extra week starting this year so I'm up to 33 days a year. I guess I'm kind of spoiled :D

Well as far as vacation time goes.... that is what I get for not staying anywhere longer than 5 years.

And as far as vacation I got an extra week starting this year so I'm up to 33 days a year. I guess I'm kind of spoiled :D

Dude, that is awesome....sounds like European style vacations! I could work at the same company I have been at for the next 30 years and I wouldn't get more than the 18 days I get a year (and I have already been there 16 years).

Back