Lowers Are Fixed!

Because I was an idiot, and didn't follow procedure when removing the fairings on the last oil change, I snapped one of the tabs that hold the bottom of the fairings together. I figured that I should fix it today so I broke out the trusty rivet gun and went to work.

A word of caution for you GenI guys that have lowers.....When removing the bottom two bolts that hold the fairing halves together, always remove the bottom most bolt first. Ask me why!: oops:

So this was my solution, I riveted a strap across the bottom of one half of the fairing, and drilled two 1/4" holes on the other half. It should hold really well. I won't be installing them until the missing disc arrives but at least they are ready to be installed.

I will probably just shoot a little gloss black on Saturday after work to disguise it a little. You really can't see it when it's installed on the bike anyway.

FairingFix003.jpg

FairingFix004.jpg

Now I have to ask you, why ru missing disc(s)?

Again, following in suit, being a knucklehead, the last time I changed my oil before a ride to Orange County Choppers, I didn't tighten the left side disc before leaving. So needless to say, when Tony, TreeGuy, and I arrived there, I noticed that it had fallen off the bike. I was pretty pissed at myself because I knew how hard they were to get. I'll make sure next time thats for sure!

Ok so we are all adults here, what new word did you make up that we shouldnt say around the children?

Anytime something doesnt go right it SUX!!! But it looks like your on the right path to reparing it. The old rivit and strap held one of my threewheelers together just fine.

Back