Lowering kit / kickstand adjust

EL_DOG73

I'm assuming that to lower the bike you use lowering links? Can you give me details and maybe a recommendation of a brand/website?
Also, what did you do about the kickstand being too long after lowering the bike? Does the bike seem to not lean enough to the left while on the kickstand? Any websites describing/explaining the process? Thanks.

2009 FZ1

Lowering link / kickstand adjustment

I'm assuming that to lower the bike you use lowering links? Can you give me details and maybe a recommendation of a brand?
Also, what did you do about the kickstand being too long after lowering the bike? Does the bike seem to not lean enough to the left while on the kickstand? Any websites describing/explaining the process? Thanks.

2009 FZ1

2 threads merged to 1... and placed in the correct section....

and... here's a deal on a lowering link (2") and a set of frame sliders if you don't already have those...
eBay Motors: Yamaha FZ1 NOCUT FrameSliders with Lowering Link 06-08 (item 320330678428 end time Feb-06-09 19:08:49 PST)

Here's just the lowering link:
eBay Motors: Yamaha FZ1 Epic Power Lowering Link (item 140298130711 end time Feb-28-09 19:00:00 PST)

and the process... well, it depends on how low you want to go... if you go more than 1" usually, you'll have to cut and re-weld the kickstand so the bike won't be standing straight up.

lowering fz1

hi there el dog73.the company 'hyperpro' do a lowering kit for the fz1.its £95 uk money.hyperpro products are for sale on loads of different websites.i looked at the sidestand on my fz1,i think its just steel tube so there is no reason not to cut it then weld the foot part back on the bottom.

Talk to Tom at Cycle One-off 1-866-238-5450, they custom make everything and he is great to work with.

Below is their website, they may not list anything for Gen 1 kickstand, but I am sure that Tom can accommodate.

Cycle One-off contact www.cycleoneoff.com

I know that you are wanting to lower the kickstan (I was looking to have the ability to make it longer. I haven't done the conversion yet, but they should be able to shorten/lengthen depending upon your needs.

BroHay

after review -- see you are in Germany, but you should be able to find someone fabricator (welder) that can accomodate your needs.....

Thanks for all the info. I have been searching everywhere for this sort of stuff on the internet. It seems that everyone talks about crotch rockets or cruisers.
I'm going to research the websites provided and then make a decision. Again, thanks to all of you. I will post another response once the work is done. If anyone else runs into more info on this subject please post it as well. I will get my 2009 FZ1 delivered to me in about 3 weeks.

Back