Looking for a new helmet

silentcropduster

I was going for the shoei gt air but my prior changed and I cannot spend that much $$$$$$

I am looking in the 250 range as a max now. I was considering the the scorpion exo 1100 or the HJC RPHA 10 Cage Helmet.

I currently own a 5 year old hjc is16 and it's about time to replace.

Anybody even own these? Thoughts suggestions for others in my price range?

I recently upgraded from an exo 400 to an exo 1100. Its a good helmet so far, a bit loose though, so if youre between sizes, choose the lower. The did just release a 1200 that looks great, but its about $350. Id say the 1100 is a good bet, mine still hasnt broken in yet, so the padding is still a bit dense, but it has potential to be a great helmet

Now is a good time to buy an 1100 as theyre all on sale since the 1200 came out. I bought mine in october for 270 after tax from a local shop. Online they are about 265 currently

You need to go and try on everything you can get your hands on. Find the best fitting ones then eliminate by price and features until you have a winner :)

I have this (2nd one... I had one that was damaged in the accident and loved it so much I bought the same thing) HJC RPHA 10 Evoke Helmet :: MotorcycleGear.com Same as the Cage, different graphics and cheaper!

At $209 this is a deal. Light-weight, quiet and comfortable. Removable liner to wash. Comes WITH the pinlock visor and insert. I like that it has speaker pockets as well. My BT Scala speakers are hidden and won't catch my ears when I pull this helmet on.

This fits a slightly oval head to round head best.

Last edited:
Scorpion has great customer service and they build a great helmet. I've ridden with the 1100, and crashed in it. I currently ride in a 500 and use a 410 for the track. The new line up seems to be a step above as the 1200 and 2k have Moto Gp tech inside. The higher end HJC stuff is decent too. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back