Lake George NY in June?

Anyone planning on attending the Lake George Ride in June? I don't really know much about it but I thought Billy or Tony might have attended in the past.

Let me know if anyone is considering making the trip. I could be convinced!

Brian

Also Pa and NJ people on Sunday I ride out of a dinner in amwell NJ. It's called the Brass Ring on rt 31. There are various speed groups and ride a lot of bucks county west central jersey plus various ride that get put together. Typical to have 50 plus riders to show up all kinds of bikes. People start to gather around 8 am

Anyone planning on attending the Lake George Ride in June? I don't really know much about it but I thought Billy or Tony might have attended in the past.

Let me know if anyone is considering making the trip. I could be convinced!

Brian

Does this have to do with Americade? I was thinking of ripping down this year. If I'm in town at the time of the ride, I'm interested.

Yea, this is Americade and it's happening June 6-11 at Lake George this year. I went for the first time last year with my friend Vadim (who's a veteran of this show) and had a blast. I have not made any plans for it this year yet, but I think I will be going as well...

Thanks for the additional info, Tony. I had just seen the request for the dates.

Was it as good as they're making it out to be? Would Vadim be going again this year?

Maybe we can get something big going around this event.

Finally, what was the weather like around that time of year? Our last ride was a bit chilly!

Thanks for the additional info, Tony. I had just seen the request for the dates.

Was it as good as they're making it out to be? Would Vadim be going again this year?

Maybe we can get something big going around this event.

Finally, what was the weather like around that time of year? Our last ride was a bit chilly!

Well it's geared towards the touring crowd, but it was still a fun event. Got to do a lot of demo rides. I did a write up about the trip last year.

I have not spoken to Vadim about it yet, but I pretty sure he's planning on going.

As for the weather it was not cold at all, but it did rain most of the week so that's always a possibility.

Rather than start a new thread for Americade 2011, I figure I'll just jack this one. With Americade less than a week away, I'm just wondering how many of you are planning on heading up there? I am, but I'm not yet sure which day(s).

Rather than start a new thread for Americade 2011, I figure I'll just jack this one. With Americade less than a week away, I'm just wondering how many of you are planning on heading up there? I am, but I'm not yet sure which day(s).

Heading up there tomorrow morning and coming back Sunday morning. Just hoping the weather cooperates this year. Lots of rain last year :(

Heading up there tomorrow morning and coming back Sunday morning. Just hoping the weather cooperates this year. Lots of rain last year :(

Have a great time Tony. I hope the weather hold out for you this year. I wish I could go but I have no time right now......or cash for that matter. I guess I'll use my vacation time for the AMA Races in Jersey for September. Take pictures up there. I believe that Ray will be up there in Lake George as well.

Yeah, I remember it raining quite a bit last year. It looks like it might be a little bit better this year, or so I am hoping. I'm heading up there after work on Friday around five or six o'clock.

I passed a red second gen FZ-1 on my way home from Saratoga today on I-87 S, not sure if it was anyone here on the boards, but it was the first time I've seen another FZ on the road. They were riding with someone else, but I don't remember what the other bike was.

Back from Americade. Weather was definitely much better this year. I didn't mind the heat as long as it didn't rain. Will post some pics when I get a chance. Came back to a very, very busy work schedule :(

Back