Then began the Climb to Sherman Pass:

vlcsnap-2015-07-06-15h40m27s063_zpslsfrcb1e.png

At the top:

20150703_161249_zpsbxwbsrdl.jpg

20150703_155841_zps7i78m5mm.jpg

20150703_155855_zps1ntjvvua.jpg

GoPro Band Pic:

GOPR1608_zpsh62c7en0.jpg

Once you summit Sherman the road heads north east until Blackrock ranger station then it is a South East trek to Kennedy Meadows and further down 9-Mile Canyon road back to the Owens valley and the 395. The decent of 9-mile is breath taking, but a huge bug splattered on my gopro before we got there so all that footage was no good. Once at the 395 we jetted north to Lone pine for Dinner and camped at Tuttle Creek. This is one of the few small creeks that flows east out of the Sierra's, most of the water flows west into the San Joaquin Valley. Camp Sites were only $5 a night, so pretty cheap accommodations for all four of us to share the spot:

20150703_200338_zpsdfl0yewz.jpg
About 8 yrs late….sorry. But I have done this same ride up through sherman pass from OC many of times. Mostly ride dirt bikes ip near Kville. Until I moved last summer. Love the brewery! Cheers!

About 8 yrs late….sorry. But I have done this same ride up through sherman pass from OC many of times. Mostly ride dirt bikes ip near Kville. Until I moved last summer. Love the brewery! Cheers!
too bad all the photos are gone... I must have hosted them on photobucket... 2015 was a long time ago. haha.

... near Kville ...

Kernville, the site of my first road crash, hit some sand in the middle of a blind corner and tossed my Z1 into the side of a Caddi. My fault, dumb kid. No serious damage, was able to ride home, albeit a bit banged up. 1983.

Last edited:
Ah dayem, CA memories. Spent lots of miles up and down 395 going skiing in Mammoth as a college punk. Beautiful country for sure.

In college I did a group hike/trek up out of twin lakes, woke up one night around 3am with a black bear eating someone's backpack about 10 ft from my sleeping bag. That was about the most skeered I've ever been in my life lol.

Klurejr you sure you didn't rip those photos from the movie Wild Hogs! :D

Really great pics in all seriousness, looks like one of those super cool memories.

Last edited:
Great pics. Done most of those roads on bikes and cars. When you see the damage a bears can do to a car with its bare bear paws breaking in it amazing. They have it down to a science.

That an interesting little dome tent that's apparently only for keeping the tent/mesh off the campers face. First time I've seen one and I was kinda/sorta in the business for a long time. At first I thought it was for a pet.

Great pics. Done most of those roads on bikes and cars. When you see the damage a bears can do to a car with its bare bear paws breaking in it amazing. They have it down to a science.

That an interesting little dome tent that's apparently only for keeping the tent/mesh off the campers face. First time I've seen one and I was kinda/sorta in the business for a long time. At first I thought it was for a pet.
yeah it was hilarious, he looked like he was sleeping with his head under a food fly blocker for a picnic table.

I see Yosemite is going back to a Reservation system for admittance, due to the high numbers of visitors last year.

Entrance Reservations in 2024
A reservation will be required to drive into Yosemite during two different periods in summer 2024. Keep reading for details about the two systems; the two systems are different.​

• January 1 through February 9: No reservation required to drive into Yosemite.
  • February 10 through 25: A reservation is required 24 hours per day on Saturdays, Sundays, and on Washington's Birthday (Monday, February 19).
  • February 26 through April 12: No reservation required to drive into Yosemite.
  • April 13 through June 30: A reservation is required from 5 am to 4 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and on holidays (May 27 and June 19).
  • July 1 through August 16: A reservation is required from 5 am to 4 pm every day.
  • August 17 through October 27: A reservation is required from 5 am to 4 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and on holidays (September 2 and October 14).

Back