JOTR is Running CCS 2015

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Well might as well get it started. Filed for my CCS(Championship Cup Series) license last week. Hope tp have my official number sometime in the next week or two. I will be running the Atlantic series as a Amateur. The classes I will be running will be Middle Weight Super Bike, Rookies Cup, GTU and Formula 40(for us older folks). Tomorrow I start tearing the O'le ZX down for some re-freshing and some up grades. Its going to be a exciting season. Really hoping to grow even more as a racer than I did last year. Stay tuned for video and updates.

Made lots of changes to the ZX6r in preparation of the up coming CCS Atlantic season. Final converted to GP Shift(add a quick shifter as well), so much fun pounding shifts with the gas WFO. Added a Braking 19mm master cylinder for one finger power. Installed a ignition module so I can run the QS. I adjusted the valve's and synced the TB's. New chain and sprockets and refreshed the Ohlins front, back and steering damper. I did a shake down of the current setup at NCBIKE this past week end and it was awesome.

CCS finally sent me my completion number so for those who are interested you can follow me a ccsracing.us Atlantic series #711. My first race is April 11th (my 45th Bday) at Carolina Motorsports Park. I can't wait.

Some pics from NCBIKE

After this weekend I will Have this thread all caught up. 2 rounds down, CMP and NJMP. Both were learning curve events for me. CMP made me figure out how to learn a track in quick fashion and NJMP how or should I say when to register for an event with CCS. I will get caught up with details on Tuesday.

Im not the ball of fire I thought I would be. I also have learned there are some really fast amateurs out there. I have had a bunch of top 10's but have yet to bring home wood. I have had a vibration from the front of the bike under heavy braking for the past year and a half. I have adjust steerhead bearings and replaced both rotors. Still it exists. This week we discovered the culprit, wheel bearings. I'am really hoping the issue is solved and I have new found braking confidence.

This weekend is round 3 on Summit Point Main in Summit Point WV. Another new track to me. I have a day to learn it(Saturday) before the racing starts on Monday. Soon If you are in the area of WV this weekend come on buy and watch some racing. You will be suprised how exciting and close not quite professional racing can be.

Back