ivan's required with a slip on?

bunky

I read Pat's garage and doing ivan's jet kit.
I am looking at replacing the oem muffler and just wondered if its really required to do the kit.
I have an 03 and there is an ademdom about the 03 model.
Seems to me it might not be required doing ivan's when putting on a new muffler.
Has anybody put on a new muffler without doing ivan's kit?
How does your bike ride?
I will also be putting in a K&N filter to help with better airflow.

I bought my bike with a slip-on and installed Ivan's kit after a few months.
It ran fine without the jets but now it runs a lot better , I would do it again.

As Donoharm says, Ivan's jet kit, or any jet kit, gives you the most performance if you have the slip-on installed. I'm sure that he developed his kit with running a slip-on in mind. If your going to free up your "intake" side of things, you may as well free up your exhaust too to get the most out of it. The same holds true for any gas engine, car or bike.

install slip on, put on dyno. dyno tuner will show you and tell you what you need to change. baseline runs generally cost $30-50 but is worth it because it tells you exactly what and where needs how much of what

I have an 03 with a full yosh system, no jetting, no air box mod, just the full headers and can swap out and it runs great and makes great noises.

You do not NEED it, but I am sure you can get more power if that is what you want from the Jet Kit.

Back