Ivans jet kit

New to the FZ1 Forum..bought a 02 today with bros slip on...last owner knows nothing...how do you tell if the carbs have the ivans jet kit

loose drive chain/ crankcase damage

You wouldn't know unless you took the carb off and looked at the jet size compared to the stock part. I have no idea of the stock size as I ride a GEN II.

Check out Ivan's website:
Ivan's Performance Products

He mentioned the needle and or needle jet as well - so I don't know what is included. Typically jetting is going to be relative to your climate and mods. If the stock exhaust was changed you could need different jets then what you have. No carbed intake system is tuned the exact same. Manufactures do a good job of finding a happy medium for most people.

New to the FZ1 Forum..bought a 02 today with bros slip on...last owner knows nothing...how do you tell if the carbs have the ivans jet kit

loose drive chain/ crankcase damage

Also, a way to tell if the carbs were worked on is to look at the side of the carbs to see if the mixture screws are visible to you. If they aren't then the carbs were probably not rejetted.

Thanks guys...no signs of mixture screws ...no ivans mod...have to look into that, when i get it running..looks like the bros slip on has been on for a while...bet its running lean

Thanks guys...no signs of mixture screws ...no ivans mod...have to look into that, when i get it running..looks like the bros slip on has been on for a while...bet its running lean

Well, they tend to run overly rich from the factory so don't worry that much about a slip on turning it lean. At times you'll be just fine. I know plenty of guys that run stock carbs with a slip on and have no problems with lean conditions.

Well, they tend to run overly rich from the factory so don't worry that much about a slip on turning it lean. At times you'll be just fine. I know plenty of guys that run stock carbs with a slip on and have no problems with lean conditions.

It wouldn't hurt to pull a spark plug and check - may as well change them all while you are down there to!

Back